Bronco Sport Base Grill Letters Removal?

ajh1388

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anybody know how to remove the grill letters from a Bronco base model? Wanting to paint them white but can’t figure out how to remove them. Thanks
Sponsored

Cpt.Diabetes

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Anybody know how to remove the grill letters from a Bronco base model? Wanting to paint them white but can’t figure out how to remove them. Thanks
I read on another thread they are held on with some nuts behind them, and the read it adhesive

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I saw that also but just can’t figure out how to get to them
Probably have to remove the grill or at least pull it loose at the top

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I saw that also but just can’t figure out how to get to them
You would have to remove the front facia to get to those retaining nuts, I tried, it's a nightmare, kept braking clips, dropping nuts and other things into the engine, and they were not falling all the way through to the floor. It's not easy, and even if you manage to remove the facia without breaking something, those retaining nuts look like they were designed to lock tightly and and not come out unless you break them. So I painted my letters silver, another adventure in itself.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Base Grill Letters Removal? IMG_20210403_005123229

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
You would have to remove the front facia to get to those retaining nuts, I tried, it's a nightmare, kept braking clips, dropping nuts and other things into the engine, and they were not falling all the way through to the floor. It's not easy, and even if you manage to remove the facia without breaking something, those retaining nuts look like they were designed to lock tightly and and not come out unless you break them. So I painted my letters silver, another adventure in itself.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Base Grill Letters Removal? IMG_20210403_005123229
Just mask it and spray paint it black.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Just mask it and spray paint it black.
They were black, I painted them in silver. Was not aware vinyl overlay was available which would have been an easier process.
Sponsored