OP
OP

Stu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You're still with us! My sincere apologies. Two post and prolonged silence gave me concern you were no longer with us.
Thank you for the update, I hope they get it resolved for you quickly. Especially after buying a Bronco Sport and having to drive an Escape. That would make me hide too! :crackup:
Yea no kidding, I only took it in case of an emergency with the 2 kids haha, not like we’re going anywhere in a lockdown.

From everything I’ve been reading I have a feeling it’s just a sensor issue, the car drove fine once it’s in a gear but struggled hard to get into reverse and shifting around 50km/h.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Got my car back on Wednesday afternoon. It was indeed a transmission sensor that went rogue. They replaced it and I was on my way. So far so good, everything back to normal.

Most likely a random issue, and no cause for concern to be honest.

I absolutely love driving this thing. The 2L is so responsive, especially when GOAT is set to Sport.

Thanks for the responses, good luck with all of your purchases.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
often if there are issues right away, its usually a good sign of simple issues. Anytime I had an issue early in car ownership, it was usually a sensor or something simple.
The more serious issues usually appear down the road and are impossible to predict. That being said, aside from a 2013 Focus DCT failure at 200000km (which i saw coming long before it actually failed, and is a well documented issue with DCT in Focus and Fiesta), I've never had a serious mechanical problem with the Fords I have owned since 2002

Glad to hear yours was a simple fix :)

Side note, the Hermosillo factory where the BS is produced, used to produce Fusions, which by far was the most reliable car I ever owned. I am hoping that standard passes on to the Bronco Sport!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Well, that was short lived.

Just had to drop the car back at the dealer, exact same issue presented itself after a 150km drive. When I got back to the car I could not get the reverse gear unless I turned it on and off again, and then around 45km/h it would stutter and hesitate like it couldn’t find a gear. Same message in the app about transmission speed sensor.

Was perfectly cool with it happening once and early but twice the same sensor? Not too pleased. Will update when I hear more.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Well, that was short lived.

Was perfectly cool with it happening once and early but twice the same sensor? Not too pleased. Will update when I hear more.
That is unfortunate. The engineer in me wonders about the failure mode, whether something mechanical in the transmission is damaging it or the electrical loop is problematic. Hopefully, they will get it resolved quickly, it is no doubt frustrating to deal with recurring problems on a new vehicle.

OP
OP

Stu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
They got it back to me quickly, apparently they replaced a wiring harness, I assume one that interacts with the sensor, most likely replaced the sensor itself again. We shall see if it’s fixed or not. They left the ticket open, so I don’t have the official report yet.

Still love the vehicle itself, frustrating as hell to have it do it twice though.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
They got it back to me quickly, apparently they replaced a wiring harness, I assume one that interacts with the sensor, most likely replaced the sensor itself again. We shall see if it’s fixed or not. They left the ticket open, so I don’t have the official report yet.
Good that they got it back quickly! Hopefully, they found the smoking gun. I would much rather it be that than something mechanical, internal to the transmission.
Your enthusiasm for the vehicle throughout this frustration speaks highly of the ownership experience, it must be great to drive!

FromQueens

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey guys,

Received my Badlands about a week ago. Absolutely loving it up until now, due to the holidays haven’t done much with it other than a 300km trip on the highway which was smooth and easy with all the automation.

Today I was grabbing groceries and on my way home I noticed a check engine light. I checked my app and sure enough I have a “transmission speed sensor” issue. I was still in the car and things felt fine until I restarted it. The car failed to enter reverse gear, telling me that it would engage at low speed, but never did. I shut it off again a few times and it came up with a wrench and all kinds of electrical errors it seemed like. Telling me my safety features were disabled and to check my manual.

I was able to get it running again properly after leaving it off for a bit, but when I was driving it was having a real hard time on ever gear change.

Dealership is obviously closed, so here I am looking for ideas before I bring it in. Anyone seen this from Ford computers before? I’ve owned an Escape and EcoSport and never had anything like this.

Thanks for your time, attached is a photo of the errors. Unfortunately I don’t have any sort of reader so I can’t check my own codes.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands Issues 605D0BFF-B2B6-4B40-9D66-EC1107C49050
Hey guys,

Received my Badlands about a week ago. Absolutely loving it up until now, due to the holidays haven’t done much with it other than a 300km trip on the highway which was smooth and easy with all the automation.

Today I was grabbing groceries and on my way home I noticed a check engine light. I checked my app and sure enough I have a “transmission speed sensor” issue. I was still in the car and things felt fine until I restarted it. The car failed to enter reverse gear, telling me that it would engage at low speed, but never did. I shut it off again a few times and it came up with a wrench and all kinds of electrical errors it seemed like. Telling me my safety features were disabled and to check my manual.

I was able to get it running again properly after leaving it off for a bit, but when I was driving it was having a real hard time on ever gear change.

Dealership is obviously closed, so here I am looking for ideas before I bring it in. Anyone seen this from Ford computers before? I’ve owned an Escape and EcoSport and never had anything like this.

Thanks for your time, attached is a photo of the errors. Unfortunately I don’t have any sort of reader so I can’t check my own codes.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands Issues 605D0BFF-B2B6-4B40-9D66-EC1107C49050
Had similar problem with my new Bronco Sport today, and couldn't restart the car. Had to be towed to Koeppel Ford. "Vehicle connection error" appeared on the screen and dashbord panel went dark! They told me it could be a short, but weren't sure. It's definitely an electronic or computer related problem. Car is one month old!!!!

FromQueens

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Had similar problem with my new Bronco Sport today, and couldn't restart the car. Had to be towed to Koeppel Ford. "Vehicle connection error" appeared on the screen and dashbord panel went dark! They told me it could be a short, but weren't sure. It's definitely an electronic or computer related problem. Car is one month old!!!!
Car got fixed. Loose wire, was told.

OP
OP

Stu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Mine also ended up being a loose or bad wire. After replacing 2 sensors they found the wire and I’ve been good since January.

FromQueens

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
May I ask the location of the loose wire ??
I was told the wire was inside a box, which a Ford part, and not manufactured by a sub. I haven't received the report of the repair yet. Hopefully it will be emailed to me by the dealership soon.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
I was told the wire was inside a box, which a Ford part, and not manufactured by a sub. I haven't received the report of the repair yet. Hopefully it will be emailed to me by the dealership soon.
Make sure you get good records of everything. One or two more times in the shop and you’re approaching lemon law territory in a lot of states.

FromQueens

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Make sure you get good records of everything. One or two more times in the shop and you’re approaching lemon law territory in a lot of states.
Thanks. Still waiting for the repair report.
Sponsored