Bronco Sport Badlands Issues

Stu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hey guys,

Received my Badlands about a week ago. Absolutely loving it up until now, due to the holidays haven’t done much with it other than a 300km trip on the highway which was smooth and easy with all the automation.

Today I was grabbing groceries and on my way home I noticed a check engine light. I checked my app and sure enough I have a “transmission speed sensor” issue. I was still in the car and things felt fine until I restarted it. The car failed to enter reverse gear, telling me that it would engage at low speed, but never did. I shut it off again a few times and it came up with a wrench and all kinds of electrical errors it seemed like. Telling me my safety features were disabled and to check my manual.

I was able to get it running again properly after leaving it off for a bit, but when I was driving it was having a real hard time on ever gear change.

Dealership is obviously closed, so here I am looking for ideas before I bring it in. Anyone seen this from Ford computers before? I’ve owned an Escape and EcoSport and never had anything like this.

Thanks for your time, attached is a photo of the errors. Unfortunately I don’t have any sort of reader so I can’t check my own codes.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Badlands Issues 605D0BFF-B2B6-4B40-9D66-EC1107C49050
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Interesting, here’s to hoping it’s something simple. The car has 550km on it, so I’d much rather get this crap sorted out early or where I am from they can just take it back if they can’t get it rectified.

Thanks for the link.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
You could try disconnect/reconnect the 12v battery, that's reset similar issues on my Escape.

NotAnonymous

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Interesting, here’s to hoping it’s something simple. The car has 550km on it, so I’d much rather get this crap sorted out early or where I am from they can just take it back if they can’t get it rectified.

Thanks for the link.
Anytime, and yep, hopefully something very easy to remedy. Because (if I get the Sport or the full-size Bronco) this would be my first first-year vehicle, I may actually consider getting an extended warranty, which I never do. Some dealerships are also offering limited lifetime power train warranties...

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
? I suddenly feel better about the big chunk-of-change I spent on an extended warranty today. If anyone's thinking about it, the prices go up significantly Jan 6th.

Link to more info

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'd love to buy an extended warranty if the Sport had showed up on the 5th when Ford promised. Now I'm delayed until the 16th and who knows if that will even happen.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I'd love to buy an extended warranty if the Sport had showed up on the 5th when Ford promised. Now I'm delayed until the 16th and who knows if that will even happen.
There are plenty of quality third party ESPs you can shop around for. Im guessing the Ford process are going up since the new management has been tasked with fixing their out of control warranty costs. Charging more for extended plans may be part of that strategy.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Got a note from Ziegler. It looks like it is possible to go ahead and buy ESP now and have it go in service later After you get the car. (I’m scheduled for mid January production). I’m going to talk with them tomorrow.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Let us know what they say!

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Got a note from Ziegler. It looks like it is possible to go ahead and buy ESP now and have it go in service later After you get the car. (I’m scheduled for mid January production). I’m going to talk with them tomorrow.
I talked with Ziegler Ford this morning Indeed I can buy the insurance now and it goes into effect after I take delivery of the Sport. That’s nice cuz it gets it at the current price, before the increased price on 06 Jan. Their price was dramatically better and it is the Ford ESP. Also, he said I save $100 by buying now, within the first 12000 mile window. So, I went ahead and purchased. You might want to contact them.

Note that I am in no way affiliated with Ziegler?

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I guess Stu doesn't want to follow-up. Maybe his problem magically went away or were imagined.
At any rate, Stu appears to have sold a few extended warranties.

OP
OP

Stu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
With a loaner Escape sitting in my driveway I have no follow up to give just yet. Unfortunately in Quebec we are currently in a lockdown and the dealership was closed from Dec. 24th until January 11th.

As soon as I know what happened I’ll be sure to let you all know. I am super annoyed because when I did have the thing and it was working, all I wanted to do was drive it or look at it when I couldn’t drive it haha.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
With a loaner Escape sitting in my driveway I have no follow up to give just yet. Unfortunately in Quebec we are currently in a lockdown and the dealership was closed from Dec. 24th until January 11th.

As soon as I know what happened I’ll be sure to let you all know. I am super annoyed because when I did have the thing and it was working, all I wanted to do was drive it or look at it when I couldn’t drive it haha.

You're still with us! My sincere apologies. Two post and prolonged silence gave me concern you were no longer with us.
Thank you for the update, I hope they get it resolved for you quickly. Especially after buying a Bronco Sport and having to drive an Escape. That would make me hide too! :crackup:
Sponsored