glu

Badlands
First Name
Goetz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2.0 l Eco Boost
I got a brandnew 2022 2.0l Eco boost Badlands. From beginning I get nearly every day on or more times the red flashing Alarm "service charging system now" and the battery symbol stays on for seconds or minutes. The dealer checked cable, battery, generator ... nothing found. The defect code memory stays empty. Everbody is helpless.
Does anybody had simillar experiences or an idea?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My guess is the battery is bad. Ask your service center to perform a LOAD TEST. A batter test simply measures the battery's output voltage. If there is a weak internal connection the voltage will test just fine, but when you put any load on the battery the connection will fail and voltage will drop to below 12V. A load test measures voltage with a load on the battery and will reveal this kind of issue.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The dealers service department standard answer is everything is normal.
The majority of electrial issues that pop up on the BS are battery related.
As Mark said, the battery needs to be load tested to check its real health state.
Ford is not in the business of giving away parts, you need to be persistent with the service department, it took me 3 trips to to the dealer to have my battery replaced under warranty, I have not had any issues since the battery was replaced.

OP
OP

glu

Badlands
First Name
Goetz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2.0 l Eco Boost
My guess is the battery is bad. Ask your service center to perform a LOAD TEST. A batter test simply measures the battery's output voltage. If there is a weak internal connection the voltage will test just fine, but when you put any load on the battery the connection will fail and voltage will drop to below 12V. A load test measures voltage with a load on the battery and will reveal this kind of issue.

Thanks a lot, I will request the Load test at my dealer.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Parts stores can also perform a load test, but I doubt your dealer will accept their results, especially if its a warranty claim.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
The parts store doesn't have an interest in telling you that the battery is o.k. If they tell you to get a new battery, that gives you ammo when talking to the dealer.

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The parts store doesn't have an interest in telling you that the battery is o.k. If they tell you to get a new battery, that gives you ammo when talking to the dealer.
Unfortunately that really can depend where you are, it may be true where you are, but I know a few people near me that did that and was unsuccessful

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
If the parts store told me the battery was bad, and the dealer wouldn't replace it under warranty, I'd elevate it to the corporate level.

I had a bad experience at Discount Tire one time (once out of 40 years). I had waited hours only to have them replace two tires with the wrong size, which I didn't realize until I got home. I sent an email to corporate and got a call the next day. They told me to go back and get 4 new tires at no extra charge. Who could argue with that?

Hopefully Ford will follow through for you. So far, I've been very happy with Melloy Ford in Los Lunas, NM, but I haven't needed warranty work yet.
Sponsored