RobD59

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Does anyone else have a weird groaning type sound that you hear when you are reversing and then braking? I have this happen frequently.
Sponsored

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
...about 1500 miles on my Badlands. I've experienced that just a few times, but not in the last two weeks. And it only happened when I first applied the breaks backing out of the garage... then it stops.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I believe there is another thread on this topic. My 21 OB made the noise backing out of my garage and backing down a gravel road. On and off for a while. No noise for months now. My husband and the dealership both inspected the breaks neither found anything wrong. 🤷‍♀️

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine only does it while backing out of the vacuum/wipedown area of the car wash after I've had it washed. Seems like they only do it when wet and then only once.

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Does anyone else have a weird groaning type sound that you hear when you are reversing and then braking? I have this happen frequently.
Yes, I get it in mornings when I first back out but that is it. Never if the car or brakes are warm.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Its a common complaint. Mine doesnt do it but ppl complaining about brake noise is common. Some dealers fix it but most dealers say they dont hear it or claim its normal.

OP
OP

RobD59

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks, I was wondering if it had anything to do with the brake recall I got. it seems to work fine, but the noise is embarrassing lol !

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I heard this too the other day and at first thought it was the ABS activating in reverse like when in trail control. It's probably overnight rust on the rotors or the way the pads are angled in the calipers so that they are quiet going forward and louder when backing up especially in the morning, when cold or when wet. That's my guess.

OP
OP

RobD59

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That's exactly my thought and yes, it does sound like the boat horn! LOL

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Ours does it when they car has just been washed. But who really cares? Do you spend a lot of time driving backwards? Find better things to have issue with people.

AC AL

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
Mine howled like a screaming bull today...washed it up at 98% humidity. Metal...who knew🤣
Mine does it in 100deg temps and 20% humidity. It getting to the point where it happens around 40% of the time. Got the run around from ford. They won’t even reply now.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
Mine has done it(rear brakes squeel when I first back up) since it was new last January - I will probably look into buying some ceramic pads for it - and my front brakes are probably the dirtiest pads I have ever had on a car - the front wheels get covered with brake dust every couple weeks and need cleaned. Real cheap brake pads I would suspect...

AC AL

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
Let me know if the ceramic pads do the trick. I’ve seen other threads that said changing the pads didn’t help. Mine does it so bad people stop and look.
Thanks
Sponsored