LR McDouble

Outer Banks
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m taking my car to the dealership for a new battery and a fix on the moaning rear brakes when i’m reverse. However, one more problem I have is grinding front brakes (i’m assuming) when coming to a stop or coasting under 5mph. to describe it would be like the rotor rubbing up against something. it’s not constant but it’s definitely a rotational noise. like a Err Err Err Err Err when stopping. Is there a TSB out for something like that?
Sponsored

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Keep us updated on this issue, I would like to know more

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I’m taking my car to the dealership for a new battery and a fix on the moaning rear brakes when i’m reverse. However, one more problem I have is grinding front brakes (i’m assuming) when coming to a stop or coasting under 5mph. to describe it would be like the rotor rubbing up against something. it’s not constant but it’s definitely a rotational noise. like a Err Err Err Err Err when stopping. Is there a TSB out for something like that?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Campy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have that same grinding from my front brakes, noticed it a couple weeks ago. Sometimes its worse and sometimes it doesn't do it all. Not sure if all the wet weather has something to do with it.

redbucky2022

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Hot Pepper Red BS
I've noticed this as well. I'm in the mountains of Tennessee so I try to be mindful of how I use my brakes when I'm going downhill but mine have cut a pretty decent groove in the outside edge of my front rotors. I'm still in my 3/36 warranty and have Ford Protect Premium for 5/75k but I really would rather pay for the parts I want and upgrade when I need brakes. I've pulled the wheels and checked everything, all is good but id rather upgrade than have the dealer use the same dusty pads it left the factory with.

Its currently not hurting anything so I'm just going to let it be.....

OP
OP

LR McDouble

Outer Banks
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've noticed this as well. I'm in the mountains of Tennessee so I try to be mindful of how I use my brakes when I'm going downhill but mine have cut a pretty decent groove in the outside edge of my front rotors. I'm still in my 3/36 warranty and have Ford Protect Premium for 5/75k but I really would rather pay for the parts I want and upgrade when I need brakes. I've pulled the wheels and checked everything, all is good but id rather upgrade than have the dealer use the same dusty pads it left the factory with.

Its currently not hurting anything so I'm just going to let it be.....
Yeah I haven’t noticed any performance in braking but it’s quite annoying when I’m riding with clients or family friends and you can just hear the moaning in the background of our conversation.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It was a few months ago when I first noticed the sound when braking/slowing down to a stop. The sound definitely seems like a grinding or rubbing. It is very noticeable, even with the radio on. I have a '22 Big Bend, 33K miles.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have that same grinding from my front brakes, noticed it a couple weeks ago. Sometimes its worse and sometimes it doesn't do it all. Not sure if all the wet weather has something to do with it.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

LR McDouble

Outer Banks
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I managed to get a video of the noise. Very dreadful. Even louder in person.

schmotty

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Focus ST
I am having this same problem. The dealership said there is a TSB out for it, but Ford won't let them fix it because Ford is reengineering the parts. Supposedly it is not a safety issue.

OP
OP

LR McDouble

Outer Banks
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I am having this same problem. The dealership said there is a TSB out for it, but Ford won't let them fix it because Ford is reengineering the parts. Supposedly it is not a safety issue.
It’s a super embarrassing noise. Quite literally unbearable, so hopefully mine will get resolved

schmotty

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s a super embarrassing noise. Quite literally unbearable, so hopefully mine will get resolved

What I have noticed:
1. It doesn't make the sound in reverse.
2. It doesn't make the sound as loud after being in Park.
3. It seems to be coming from the passenger side wheel only.

It's almost like something is shifting forward when braking and rubbing against something that is not symmetrically round.

schmotty

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: A different dealership was able to get parts and fix it. Apparently the OEM parts were out of tolerance and specs or something. They had to replace rotors and wheel bearings.

Braking is so quiet now.
Sponsored