OP
OP

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The angle of the windshield. I think it may be tilted less than a standard car windshield. I noticed a reflection on other cars, not just the reflective taillights.
When I first noticed the shining reflection projection on other cars, I wasn’t sure if it was something in the front like the headlights or grille, or if it was the windshield. I think it is the angle of the windshield.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I posted a description a couple months ago and here's a picture since you asked. Simple matte black film. Made a paper template to get shape on section angled towards windshield. Eliminates glare when driving into sun. I am sure this could be done fancier extending down the hood, but it will take some thought as the hood bulges have some slope changes. Guy who posts about stickers could probably design something that integrates the two. For me on silver car it looks fine and is effective. Small area so it was easy to get film on smooth.

Ford Bronco Sport Blinding glare off windshield IMG_E2891[1].JPG
It looks good! I wonder what the bulges would look like if they had stickers covering them completely. Maybe like racing stripes?

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
It looks good! I wonder what the bulges would look like if they had stickers covering them completely. Maybe like racing stripes?
Possibly. If you look at them you'll see they taper and have side slopes so not a nice straight surface although you could certainly put something down the center part. Above my pay grade so I opted to just solve glare.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Looks great! I love the smaller border line around the thicker part. Nice detail.
Thanks! I created that pattern myself with a lot of measuring and guesstimating. I had the basic shapes and I just happened to add the outer line to see how it would look and then I rounded the corners off. When I was a kid, this was one of my favorite slot cars to race, so I was trying to emulate it a bit:
Ford Bronco Sport Blinding glare off windshield fx-butterscotch-ford-baja-bronco_1_dae3384a40299eac91d81e67a644d9b5
Sponsored