missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Excited to have got me some Black Rhino Arches wheels. Can’t afford new tires now though…probably will have to wait until next year when it’s time to have the summers put back on. So I have the factory OBX wheels with winters on, for ❄, making it a straight swap which is nice.

What chunky tires would you choose? I am doing under 1,000km a month as I drive a work truck, so i don’t need to worry about gas mileage...it’s mostly about the looks.
Ford Bronco Sport Black Rhino Arches bronze wheels on Area 51 IMG_4430

Ford Bronco Sport Black Rhino Arches bronze wheels on Area 51 IMG_4417

Ford Bronco Sport Black Rhino Arches bronze wheels on Area 51 IMG_4429
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Nice looking wheels!

I really liked my Toyo AT III’s. And we had snows over a foot and the Outer Banks did great with them. You may not need separate winter tires with good AT tires, would be something I’d consider at least testing.

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice looking wheels!

I really liked my Toyo AT III’s. And we had snows over a foot and the Outer Banks did great with them. You may not need separate winter tires with good AT tires, would be something I’d consider at least testing.
Thanks! I live up a mountain pass that’s absolute carnage in the winter, plus I’ve already got my winters on…they’ve probably done well over half of my mighty 7,500kms 😆

hey didn’t you have an Area 51? I see your pic is now no longer an A51…!?

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I assume you have studs in your winter tires. When I was on detail in Alaska, they put studded snow tires on the rig I was using. I was impressed, and happy to have them.

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I assume you have studs in your winter tires. When I was on detail in Alaska, they put studded snow tires on the rig I was using. I was impressed, and happy to have them.
No, I don’t have studs in these winters I currently have. They are Cooper Evolution & I have found they perform really well. I travel 27km from about 2800ft elevation down to about 1200ft in the valley, then another 10km of highway back up the other side (not as high though). There’s 2 really steep windy parts on the way down that if you don’t know to reduce speed to really slow, you will be off in the ditch or worse. I’ve been driving it 8 years and i’m guessing it’s mostly inexperienced folks driving too fast that go off the road.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
hey didn’t you have an Area 51? I see your pic is now no longer an A51…!?
Yes, I had an Outer Banks Area 51 that I loved. But I got a nice offer on it when this Heritage Limited became available, so I traded it in.

I had it for 11 months and my wife commented on me finally having a vehicle for a full year, because my previous 6 were less than a year. Within a week of her saying that, I did the trade. We are hopeful this one makes it a year!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Excited to have got me some Black Rhino Arches wheels. Can’t afford new tires now though…probably will have to wait until next year when it’s time to have the summers put back on. So I have the factory OBX wheels with winters on, for ❄, making it a straight swap which is nice.

What chunky tires would you choose? I am doing under 1,000km a month as I drive a work truck, so i don’t need to worry about gas mileage...it’s mostly about the looks.
Ford Bronco Sport Black Rhino Arches bronze wheels on Area 51 IMG_4430

Ford Bronco Sport Black Rhino Arches bronze wheels on Area 51 IMG_4417

Ford Bronco Sport Black Rhino Arches bronze wheels on Area 51 IMG_4429
Nice shots of your Bronco Sport and the wheels! Thanks for sharing these photos with everyone!

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nice shots of your Bronco Sport and the wheels! Thanks for sharing these photos with everyone!
Thanks!

I had washed her “in town” and when I got home I had to “dust” her to take the new wheels pics so she was nice and shiny (ceramic coating helps too). I’m glad you like!

OP
OP
missOutsyder

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, I had an Outer Banks Area 51 that I loved. But I got a nice offer on it when this Heritage Limited became available, so I traded it in.

I had it for 11 months and my wife commented on me finally having a vehicle for a full year, because my previous 6 were less than a year. Within a week of her saying that, I did the trade. We are hopeful this one makes it a year!
Oh goodness, haha. I‘m happy you have another love! 💛
Sponsored