RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Found that NOT shoving the fuel filler in allowed filling without shutting off multiple times. Your results may vary.
Sponsored

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
This has happened to me a few times, seems like it is only at some pumps. Sometimes I can shove the nozzle in as far as it will go and it will fill up from empty without issue. At other stations I have to pull it out some to get it to fill.

Not sure if it's a car issue or pump issue.

601Mac

Big Bend
First Name
Mackenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Glad I found this, yeah my BS has had this happen a few times, but it just seemed to be very specific gas stations. However, I will try the methods mentioned above and see my results. One of the closest gas stations to my apartment is the most notorious and it has happened the 3 times I have tried to get fuel there, so I will try there and see. Thanks Yā€™all!

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I took it in to my Ford dealer and they are working with the engineers apparently now
Any time you hear this phrase...nothing is being done.
I just had problem on one pump keep shutting off.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I love the capless fill on my truck, aka Ford Easy Fill, just shove it in all the way and set the fill catch. Ten years and going strong.

Wife's 2005 Escape, with a cap, would often have the same problem discussed here, would not auto fill. Her 2020 Escape, capless, is problem free. Googling this problem shows it's not a Ford specific problem occurring in both domestic and foreign brands. Mostly solved by changing gas stations.

Not to be a downer but since these things have been around for quite some time, Ford since 2008, it may be BS specific venting issue. If common there will be a TSB at some point.

BroncoHoney

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My outer banks has this problem almost every time I try to fuel up. The pump shuts off every few dollars like itā€™s full but itā€™s not. Very frustrating and the dealer says they donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
There are specific fueling instructions in The Manual -- for how to insert, fuel, and remove the fuel nozzle! It says if you are lifting up rather than resting it on the filler pipe, the pump can shut off early. It also says, essentially, do not rotate the pump handle more than a few degrees left or right while fueling. I suspect it's either the particular Ford 'Easy Fuel' dual flaps/valves in there, or the specific shape of the filler neck -- their illustration shows a sort of 'can' receiving the filler nozzle, with a narrower filler neck beyond that.
OH the manual that no ones ever reads so they can inform themselves....LOL

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I fill my OB as fast as the pump can go with no problems.

DawnMac

Big Bend
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had my husband put in fuel the first time incase there was an issue... no issue at all!

CaptainCanada

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This happened to me first time I filled up my OB and to make it stop I just put the fuel pump part way in and it fueled fine. Haven't had to fill it since so will see how next time goes lol
Sponsored