davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
One of the best sites for comparing tire size, tire specs, offsets...just about anything tires including brands and sellers is

tiresize.com.....they list EVERYTHING in a very user friendly site!

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I put them on my in town daily driver OB. Went with 235/60/18. Never went off road nor encountered snow. Kept them @ 35psi cold. To me, they were quiet, slightly firmer than the OEM Michelins. Vehicle steered easier and there was no “squirmy“ feeling. Balance was perfect.
I only had the OB for maybe 1200 in town miles with the BFGs but liked them. NOTE: tires had no part in why i traded my OB.
Hope you are happy with them.
Ford Bronco Sport BFG Trail-Terrain TA? 1678422302890

Last edited:

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here they are, going on at 0700 tomorrow!! Cant Wait!!
Ford Bronco Sport BFG Trail-Terrain TA? 0310231811a

Tire Rack got them to me in 48hrs with free shipping and my dealer is putting them on for 75 Bucks....and I will only use a third of the 42000 points they gave me to pay for the intall!

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My report after 20 miles of driving on these.....they feel more solid than stock, maybe because there is more meat (245/60-18). They actually felt a little better than the stock.

They make about the same road noise as the stock Michelins.

They look great and stick out ever so slightly....giving the BS a better stance.

So glad I did this.....oh and my local Ford dealer only charged me 75 bucks to install and used just a third of the points they gave me for buying the bronc, to pay for the mounting and balancing

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
@BoxerBronco if you wouldn't mind elaborating your experience with these tires, they are a new product to the market and there are other forum members inquiring about there overall performance. Noise, traction, ride quality etc: @hwildey if you could chime in as well it would be much appreciated.
So after a couple of thousand miles and a road trip in there here are my thoughts, and keep in mind I am just a regular person using these on my daily driver, I am not a seasoned off roader and I have only really had a few different cars. They are good-looking, pretty hefty tires. I think the tread on these rivals the BFG All Terrains when I bought those for my little toyota back in the late 90s. (I think their All Terrains now are just too much for me these days). I took a long screw and the tread and tire held up just fine. On the road, they are very quiet, more so than the Continentals at 30,000 miles at least. They feel nice on the road, are secure, and hold traction in turns and stuff. Off the pavement, they feel great too. I agree with others on here that 235s are as big as I would go in the 1.5 L Big Bend. The car does feel a bit heftier coming out of a stop. WE did encounter lots of rain on the freeway this last trip, and they handled well. I did not notice the squirrellyness that others have mentioned. I like them and so far would recommend them/buy them again.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
FYI. The BFs are around 37lbs. Per tire. I went with Falken wildpeak 235s their weight is 31.1 lbs per tire. It makes a lot of difference when your running a 1.5.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
Man, there are all kinds of reports as to the weight of these tires. DT reports the 235/65/17 as 30.97 lbs. TireSize.com says 36 lbs. BFG's own site has the 235/65/17 in two different ratings 104H and 108T (XL). Honestly, I didn't know about the 104H (presumably SL) tire, but that is listed at just under 30 lbs. However, the XL 235 is the one I think most are getting as it is the one that is 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake rated as is listed at 36.2 lbs. New tires are always hard to get good intel on!

Ford Bronco Sport BFG Trail-Terrain TA? 1680747486033

metalbender

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Just adding to an old thread. Ditched the crappy Continentals for a set of Trail Terrain tires. Had them last year on my 2018 F150, awesome tires.
Sponsored