Badlands tire size questions

WillysFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
  1. Do the 235 width tires fit in the spare tire compartment completely stock? i.e. floor fits flush with no padding and no modifications of any kind
  2. Does going with the 225 width tires (28.5 in) instead of the 235s (29 in) affect the approach/departure/breakover angles? By how much?
  3. Has anyone tried putting on bigger tires (like the 245 KO2s) while keeping the car stock?
    1. If so, does it fit (obviously), and are there any rubbing issues?
    2. Is it easy to get the speedometer recalibrated? Is CoPilot 360 or the 4WD system affected in any way? I ask this since the Bronco Sport seems to use computers for everything.
Sponsored

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
  1. Do the 235 width tires fit in the spare tire compartment completely stock? i.e. floor fits flush with no padding and no modifications of any kind
  2. Does going with the 225 width tires (28.5 in) instead of the 235s (29 in) affect the approach/departure/breakover angles? By how much?
  3. Has anyone tried putting on bigger tires (like the 245 KO2s) while keeping the car stock?
    1. If so, does it fit (obviously), and are there any rubbing issues?
    2. Is it easy to get the speedometer recalibrated? Is CoPilot 360 or the 4WD system affected in any way? I ask this since the Bronco Sport seems to use computers for everything.
You’re not alone on your 245 question. A few folks have put the 245s on and report no rubbing, but we’ve yet to get any reviews from someone that has taken the 245s off road. It’s one thing to not rub in the neighborhood, it’s another to fully articulate your suspension.

I have the same question about speedometers as well, so hopefully someone will play guinea pig for us!