Badlands Test Drive

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
There is a BL/BL at Gosch Ford Temecula california for test driving. It's not for sale so you can make an appointment to drive it. I'm driving down there tomorrow morning to give it a spin.

I'll be comparing it to my 2018 Crosstrek and the 2021 Cherokee Trailhawk. The only other vehicle that ahs the features I want is the Trailhawk. If I don't like the Sport I'll be pulling the trigger on a Cherokee.
Sponsored

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Nice, let us know how you like it tomorrow.
For those in WA (@JamesT) Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent (south of seattle) has an A51 BL+BL, and kodiak brown BB. They noted the BL is demo only (until it has enough miles) but the BB is for sale now

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Keep us updated. The Trailhawk is my second choice if the BS fails the test. It just came back on my radar. I also might be able to wrangle a partial sponsorship with Jeep through some old contacts.

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I test drove a loaded Cherokee Trailhawk today and liked it a lot. Enough that if I dislike the Bronco I'm def buying one. The seats were super comfortable, I liked the screens. My only real knock on it was it seemed to have a lot of highway wind noise. I'm also not a big fan of the all black interior.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Nice, let us know how you like it tomorrow.
For those in WA (@JamesT) Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent (south of seattle) has an A51 BL+BL, and kodiak brown BB. They noted the BL is demo only (until it has enough miles) but the BB is for sale now
Any photos you could share of that Kodial Brown BB??

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I test drove a loaded Cherokee Trailhawk today and liked it a lot. Enough that if I dislike the Bronco I'm def buying one. The seats were super comfortable, I liked the screens. My only real knock on it was it seemed to have a lot of highway wind noise. I'm also not a big fan of the all black interior.
What year did Trailhawk did you test drive? 2021? You can PM me if you want.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
Sorry only got photos of BL as thats what i ordered. they mentioned they had brown one but didnt see it
No problem. I was already checking their website as well trying to see if they had posted photos. I’m sure a few will show up eventually

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
I test drove a loaded Cherokee Trailhawk today and liked it a lot.
Was it the V6 or turbo 4? Any thoughts on how the cargo area compares to BS? Tnx

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
The Trailhawk only comes to v6 I'll compare the cargo areas today I'm going to test drive the Bronco and then go test drive the trailhawk I like right after.

I plan to spend a lot of time with both The test drives for the Bronco are an hour apart so I have plenty of time to mess around with it.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
The Trailhawk turbo 4 is "sluggish" according to reviewers. I'd go with the 6. The Hemi would be my first choice if gas prices were not a future issue.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
One thing I'm curious about is the 8-speed auto.

My wife needed a new vehicle for commuting and we drove a new RAV4 XLE Premium and a new CX-5 Touring. The Toyota's 8-speed was very busy, constantly hunting and shifting. The Mazda's 6-speed auto was great, and among other qualities is what sold her on bringing it home yesterday.

My question is, do most of these new 8 and 10 speed autos act that busy? I have read that they learn over time and settle down, but it was a night and day difference to us.

I have not seen much commentary on the transmissions during test drives.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
The Cherokee 9-speed is pretty busy in the mid-range it's actually not a very good commuting car so I'll try to feel that out in the Bronco my test drives at 10:00 so if you guys got any more questions post them in here and I'll read them before I drive.

Little edit here it's not that the Cherokee is busy it's at the third gear is super super harsh when you shift into it

How it's supposed to work in theory is gears 789 or just overdrive gears in practice that tends to be kind of so-so.

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
One tip for cars that seem to be busy in the lower gears when they're eight or nine speed if they have a sport mode put it in that they'll hold the gears longer.

OP
OP

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
First impression push button air conditioning speed that sucks and the stereo is trash really really nice on the outside though I love the way it looks and I overall really like the interior.
Sponsored