B/O stereo

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Is there any way to know if a bronco has the BO stereo by looks? Or just window sticker? Like a emblem?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Does the BO come with a subwoofer?

For those that have it what is your opinion on it?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Does the BO come with a subwoofer?

For those that have it what is your opinion on it?
Depends on if you think a 6X9 can be a subwoofer. Most opinions of it here are somewhat lackluster.

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
It comes with a 6”x9” speaker posing as a sub. It sounds ok but not nearly as good as I feel it should. I feel it sounds like a slightly improved standard stereo. It doesn’t come close to the factory Sony stereos in our previously owned 2006 F-150, 2013 Explorer, or my current 2015 F-350. And the Sony systems weren’t exactly considered Earth shattering sound systems.

A person could easily have an aftermarket system installed that blows the B&O out of the water. We ordered the premium package on our Badlands because my wife wanted the premium seats and phone charger, I assumed the B&O would be a nice bonus so I was on board. It does not meet my expectations of being at least equal to the previously mentioned Sony systems.

It has been discussed elsewhere on the forums that playing high quality files helps a lot. Satellite radio leaves a lot to be desired in music quality. Streaming might be slightly better.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have had a Big Bend without it and I now have an Outer Banks with it. Here would be my summation:
With it, you do not need to upgrade your sound system, as this is adequate.
Without it, you should upgrade and you will most likely do much better than the B/O system.

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
It comes with a 6”x9” speaker posing as a sub. It sounds ok but not nearly as good as I feel it should. I feel it sounds like a slightly improved standard stereo. It doesn’t come close to the factory Sony stereos in our previously owned 2006 F-150, 2013 Explorer, or my current 2015 F-350. And the Sony systems weren’t exactly considered Earth shattering sound systems.

A person could easily have an aftermarket system installed that blows the B&O out of the water. We ordered the premium package on our Badlands because my wife wanted the premium seats and phone charger, I assumed the B&O would be a nice bonus so I was on board. It does not meet my expectations of being at least equal to the previously mentioned Sony systems.

It has been discussed elsewhere on the forums that playing high quality files helps a lot. Satellite radio leaves a lot to be desired in music quality. Streaming might be slightly better.
If your talking about the Sony system that was in the higher end 2015 Edges, I coundn't disagree more. For a $40,000 plus car, that Sony was poor and hands down was the weakest point of an otherwise really nice SUV. I think the B&O in my BS is much better than the Sony.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I have had a Big Bend without it and I now have an Outer Banks with it. Here would be my summation:
With it, you do not need to upgrade your sound system, as this is adequate.
Without it, you should upgrade and you will most likely do much better than the B/O system.
Same here. I went from a Big Bend to an Outer Banks with the B&O. The Big Bend was just ok. I put in some aftermarket speakers that made it better. The Outer Banks steps it up a decent amount. Could it be better? Sure, but at what cost.

The ‘sub’ isn’t going to rattle your windows if that’s what you’re looking for and rap/hip hop is your music of choice. It does though, add a nice low end, for the size of the speaker, to the listening experience

You can always mount more amps and subwoofers in the vehicle if the stereo sound quality is your main priority. Then you’re taking up cargo area and reducing the utility function of your SUV.

Last edited:

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
If your talking about the Sony system that was in the higher end 2015 Edges, I coundn't disagree more. For a $40,000 plus car, that Sony was poor and hands down was the weakest point of an otherwise really nice SUV. I think the B&O in my BS is much better than the Sony.
Never listened to one in an Edge. Actually, I have never sat in an Edge. Of the 3 vehicles I listed in my above post, the F-150 was the best. Explorer second, almost as good as the F-150. You could get a little bump out of both if you wanted. My F-350 comes in 3rd and I did upgrade the sub but not drastically, 8” JL 8w3v3 in the factory box and 200w Kenwood amp using front left channel for input. I’m happy with it now.

All of the Sony systems and the B&O do ok with highs and mid range. Where the F-350 and the B&O fall short was bass. I can hear the distortion when you try to push it with the B&O. The F-350 just didn’t have much. The B&O also sounds very “bright” to me, even when you pull treble out of it.

I stand by my statement that in my opinion the B&O does not compete with the factory systems in those 3 vehicles. I also believe that all of the above systems could easily be upgraded with aftermarket components if a person desired. It may sound like I’m saying this system or that system is the best ever, but I’m talking in the context of factory stock vs. factory stock.

YMMV

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Same experience for me. I went from an 2015 Audi A3 and the bass in particular completely blows the "premium" Bronco Sport sound system out of the water. It's one of my only gripes but it's a big one for me. Eventually I am going to replace every speaker and add a decent sub.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Same my RDX had the ELS 3D in it and it had really nice lows. My main complaint isn’t really the lack of deep bass, but the fact the limited bass that’s there buzzes like mad. Even at lower volumes. Like it vibrates bad. No idea how Ford didn’t notice it. It’s all I can hear anymore. And I’ve done 400 miles on this thing. Love it, but the buzzing is annoying af.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
The ‘sub’ isn’t going to rattle your windows if that’s what you’re looking for and rap/hip hop is your music of choice. It does though, add a nice low end, for the size of the speaker, to the listening experience
Honestly I listened to the new Vince Staples on the way home from the dealership last night and thought the B&O sounded good - bass was solid but not overly thumpy/rattling, which is pretty much the level I want it at for listening to a wide variety of genres.
Sponsored