B&O Sound - Driver Front Door Speaker Rattle/Buzz

splytsceond

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos
When we took delivery of the OBX we loved the sound of the B&O system but within the first two days the driver front speaker seemed to have blown despite never turning the volume over "15". Ford ordered a replacement and swapped it out but now here we are a few weeks later and a similar buzzing is coming from the speaker.

Part of me wonders if its not blown but mounted loose or something?

Anyone else have any speaker issues with their B&O system?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
When we took delivery of the OBX we loved the sound of the B&O system but within the first two days the driver front speaker seemed to have blown despite never turning the volume over "15". Ford ordered a replacement and swapped it out but now here we are a few weeks later and a similar buzzing is coming from the speaker.

Thanks in advance
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Bronco concern on my end.

OP
OP

splytsceond

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos
bump checking to see if anyone else has any issues with their B&O systems buzzing/rattling at volumes below half-way (15ish). We see it in the 9-12 range . It's actually more evident in music that doesnt have a ton of super deep bass (rap/edm) but more so country

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I have 75 miles on mine and get same thing. You can tap on the inside door panel above where the mirror switch is and get a slight rattle. Also Ford uses a big piece of plastic inbetween the outer door panel and the inner and then the speaker is mounted to that. Most other manufacturers mount the speakers into the metal door body. So you don’t get that harmonic vibration. Basically the plastic is flexing enough it causes the buzz. Might be touching the inner door panel. Haven’t torn it apart too look yet. But probs have to gut the doors and put a felt barrier between the inner plastic panel edge and the outer door where it attaches out in between the plastic panel and the interior door panel. It sounds like flexing plastic on metal buzz. Kinda like the rear deck lid buzz from a sub. Should be easily fixable but I don’t think Ford is gonna gut all four doors to put the insulation in there to fix it

dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I took delivery of my 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands on August 11, 2022, and also what sounds like a blown speaker in the front drivers side door. I believe it is the front door panel making the rattle but I am not sure. I noticed this while listening to the Beatles channel on SiriusXM when "Come Together" came on. I was listening to the B&O at volume 7, and the speaker sounded blown. I tried to dampen the vibration sound by pushing against the door panel, but had no luck. Has anybody been able to get this issue fixed. It seems I am not the only one having this problem. Please let me know what you have done to address this. Thank You.

JZ65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands

Thanks in advance
I have the same issue, buzzing driver side speaker on certain songs with some bass. I have had my Badlands gor one week and do not listen to my music loud.

JZ65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I took delivery of my 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands on August 11, 2022, and also what sounds like a blown speaker in the front drivers side door. I believe it is the front door panel making the rattle but I am not sure. I noticed this while listening to the Beatles channel on SiriusXM when "Come Together" came on. I was listening to the B&O at volume 7, and the speaker sounded blown. I tried to dampen the vibration sound by pushing against the door panel, but had no luck. Has anybody been able to get this issue fixed. It seems I am not the only one having this problem. Please let me know what you have done to address this. Thank You.
I have this same issue on the Badlands i have had for a week, B &O sound system

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I’ve had my passenger door speaker replaced about a month ago because it was blown. Was buzzing with any bass. Always worse at mid volumes 10-15. The buzzing is back again and sounds like the speaker is blown again. It’d be the third speaker in 4k miles. Was like pulling teeth to get it covered under warranty.

Rawah652

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2004 Ford Thunderbird
Exact same issue with the front right speaker buzz. Super disappointing, Ford usually has good sound systems, this one is a bit of a let down.

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Me too. Noticed it almost immediately. Driver's side front door speaker rattles on certain songs across various genres: Blues, Bluegrass, Rock-n-Roll ... I'll try to find a specific example (I think one instance was John Lee Hooker or Howlin' Wolf).
Volume below 15.
21 BS FE w/ B&O premium sound.

zhatt

First Edition
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I've had a rattle on some songs too. Today I downloaded a tone generator phone app and played it via bluetooth. It resonates at about 70 Hz. It seems something is loose in the door. Somebody posted a great set of instructions on this forum about how to remove the door panel. Now that I can easily reproduce the issue, I'll open the door up and figure out what is loose.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
I have the same issue, buzzing driver side speaker on certain songs with some bass. I have had my Badlands gor one week and do not listen to my music loud.
I love to listen to my music loud. I have a Badlands. B&O system far from a premium sound system. Cant wait for it blow so I can replace it.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I love to listen to my music loud. I have a Badlands. B&O system far from a premium sound system. Cant wait for it blow so I can replace it.

^ you won’t have to wait long, my passenger door speaker has blown twice in 4k miles. Just ordered new speakers and dynamat. There’s a ton of plastic in the door with wire looms looped around. The plastic buzzes at a lot of frequencies and makes the outer door panel vibrate. If you push the outer door panel over the speaker areas it’ll reduce it.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
I'm having driver's door speaker issues too. I'm at 2 weeks old now. Irony, Noticed it during noticed it while listening to "Beep beep, the little Nash rambler". I called dealership and they want me to drive 2 hours down so they can look at it,, their scheduler didn't seem to understand that i lived 2 hours away and didn't want to take a day off work to drive to them... lol

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I'm having driver's door speaker issues too. I'm at 2 weeks old now. Irony, Noticed it during noticed it while listening to "Beep beep, the little Nash rambler". I called dealership and they want me to drive 2 hours down so they can look at it,, their scheduler didn't seem to understand that i lived 2 hours away and didn't want to take a day off work to drive to them... lol
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s speaker concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Sponsored