Jfinn86

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I recently ordered and installed my AVS aeroskin 2 but realized after watching an install video that mine didn’t come with the adhesive primer or mention application. Has anyone else had any experience with the product. Avs customer service told me their senior tech said it’s not required.
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I recently ordered and installed my AVS aeroskin 2 but realized after watching an install video that mine didn’t come with the adhesive primer or mention application. Has anyone else had any experience with the product. Avs customer service told me their senior tech said it’s not required.
Basically the primer would be for removing chemicals that have built up over a period of time .So if your bronco is somewhat new ,just using alcohol would be fine for the install .
Ford Bronco Sport AVS aeroskin 2 9D0A823E-0DED-4E6D-8F31-C125143F6436

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jfinn86

Jfinn86

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Basically the primer would be for removing chemicals that have built up over a period of time .So if your bronco is somewhat new ,just using alcohol would be fine for the instalol .
Ford Bronco Sport AVS aeroskin 2 9D0A823E-0DED-4E6D-8F31-C125143F6436
Thanks for the input!

Reactions: Jrl

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am still on the fence about the Aeroskin product because it tapes directly to paint. Any small areas open will let dirt and water get under and then sit on the paint forever without the ability to clean it.

My FJ cruiser has one that bolts underneath and does not touch hood. I can clean under it etc.

I have seen some pics of pretty hefty paint damage, clouding, etc that the aeroskin has done to some F150s. Some have also broken in half and flown off.

I am also wary of first products out for a vehicle. Waiting to see if weather tech comes out with one. i saw the bugflector 2 which is bolt on etc but someone said they had trouble closing their hood after install. Still on fence about hood protection.

Ford Bronco Sport AVS aeroskin 2 F15D6FA6-5CC8-4AEE-9BC5-4CB812E59A0D

Ford Bronco Sport AVS aeroskin 2 ECA6A791-566C-438B-9A78-9008D79AE965

Last edited:

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I installed the Aeroskin without the primer. I cleaned the area and then did the install. I did not drive the car for a few days. I was on the highway and it started to lift off the hood. When I got home I purchased the adhesive primer and it was good to go. No more problems lifting off the hood.

blankobject

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
I installed the Aeroskin without the primer. I cleaned the area and then did the install. I did not drive the car for a few days. I was on the highway and it started to lift off the hood. When I got home I purchased the adhesive primer and it was good to go. No more problems lifting off the hood.
That primer is no joke. When I 1st put it on and the paint color changed it freaked me out.

alihenry87

Badlands
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
That primer is no joke. When I 1st put it on and the paint color changed it freaked me out.
My paint color changed and is now cloudy. How did you remove the excess that was showing on the paint? I can’t seem to get it off.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My paint color changed and is now cloudy. How did you remove the excess that was showing on the paint? I can’t seem to get it off.
I think someone said wipe with WD40. Maybe best to do a search first.

edit: I did a quick search, nothing about WD40. Might have to review the Areoskin posts.

alihenry87

Badlands
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I think someone said wipe with WD40. Maybe best to do a search first.

edit: I did a quick search, nothing about WD40. Might have to review the Areoskin posts.
I used Dawn dish soap and it came right off. Thanks for your communication.
Sponsored