Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I know this is a controversial topic for some people, but I just want to better understand how this feature is intended to work. I know I can keep shutting it off or disable it. For those people that use the feature, how does it operate normally?

I normally hit the button as part of my startup routine and turn it off. Sometimes I forget and leave it running and sometimes I expect to go through a series of very long lights so I set it on. But lately it feels like the feature is working different. I've even had it do it at a stop sign when I pulled up and waited for another car to clear the intersection, it shut down. Does it normally shut off in 3 seconds after stopping? No exaggeration. 1...2...3-OFF! The manual says it's conditional based on some functions like A/C but it seems crazy to me that it should be this aggressive. Could this be another symptom of this recent bizarre Sync update? I'm wondering if this is another issue to put on the pile of stuff I'm going to give to a Ford Service Advisor.
Sponsored

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sounds like my Big Bend standard operating procedure. A/C on fairly aggressive.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know it's GOAT specific. Were you in Eco?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I know this is a controversial topic for some people, but I just want to better understand how this feature is intended to work. I know I can keep shutting it off or disable it. For those people that use the feature, how does it operate normally?

I normally hit the button as part of my startup routine and turn it off. Sometimes I forget and leave it running and sometimes I expect to go through a series of very long lights so I set it on. But lately it feels like the feature is working different. I've even had it do it at a stop sign when I pulled up and waited for another car to clear the intersection, it shut down. Does it normally shut off in 3 seconds after stopping? No exaggeration. 1...2...3-OFF! The manual says it's conditional based on some functions like A/C but it seems crazy to me that it should be this aggressive. Could this be another symptom of this recent bizarre Sync update? I'm wondering if this is another issue to put on the pile of stuff I'm going to give to a Ford Service Advisor.
Have it in my Ecosport and yep, that's pretty much how it works. Depends on temp's, ac and who knows what else. Took awhile to get use to it but don't think much about it anymore.
Sponsored