The Bronc

Big Bend
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Took our Big Bend to an automatic car wash we always use. You drive up and the attendant assists you forward in the track. He then has you place the car in neutral and foot off the brake. Rollers then come up behind your rear wheels and push your car through the wash. All this time you remain in the car. Yesterday we entered the car wash and place the car in neutral and foot off the brake. As the rollers began to move our car forward some technology in the car sensed the car rolling in neutral and applied the brakes in some fashion causing the car not to move forward and the rollers went under the rear tires. This caused the wash to shut down. At this point the attendant came over and we were clearly in neutral. He had us press the L in the middle of the shift knob. The next set of rollers came up and pushed us through with no problem. He clearly knew what was going on and had the solution right away. Anybody else have this happen and will this happen each time we go through. Just press the L.
Sponsored

BigPhatPaulie

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If its anything like the Badlands you have to hit the M (or L in your case) to confirm "neutral mode" otherwise the car will re-engage drive and put on auto hold (if you have it on)

TitusT

Base
First Name
Titus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Took our Big Bend to an automatic car wash we always use. You drive up and the attendant assists you forward in the track. He then has you place the car in neutral and foot off the brake. Rollers then come up behind your rear wheels and push your car through the wash. All this time you remain in the car. Yesterday we entered the car wash and place the car in neutral and foot off the brake. As the rollers began to move our car forward some technology in the car sensed the car rolling in neutral and applied the brakes in some fashion causing the car not to move forward and the rollers went under the rear tires. This caused the wash to shut down. At this point the attendant came over and we were clearly in neutral. He had us press the L in the middle of the shift knob. The next set of rollers came up and pushed us through with no problem. He clearly knew what was going on and had the solution right away. Anybody else have this happen and will this happen each time we go through. Just press the L.

Just turn off auto start/stop and auto hold. I had this happen before too.

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Big Bend
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Why did you make 2 threads about the exact same issue 1 day apart
I placed one in a sub forum about transmissions thinking that a more specific mechanical type member would be more interested and perhaps more knowledge. Secondly my first thread and question was not about the merits of spinning brushes, service grease and swirls in my paint job. NOT WHAT I WAS ASKING! So now I have to ask you are you a Forum Policeman? Do you like to play Gotcha! If I have somehow spoiled your day I apologize. But just to be clear I will do it again if I feel it necessary. Like it or not.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I placed one in a sub forum about transmissions thinking that a more specific mechanical type member would be more interested and perhaps more knowledge. Secondly my first thread and question was not about the merits of spinning brushes, service grease and swirls in my paint job. NOT WHAT I WAS ASKING! So now I have to ask you are you a Forum Policeman? Do you like to play Gotcha! If I have somehow spoiled your day I apologize. But just to be clear I will do it again if I feel it necessary. Like it or not.
That made no sense.. calm down guy... you have 2 threads car wash problems, auto car wash problems.. both about not knowing how to use your bs in neautral... dont gotta be a dick off the bat to answer a simple question... what are you talking about brushes and shit for.. how bout you just hand wash like most of us and quit being lazy. Then no problems since you dont know how to use your vehicle.. problem solved

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Big Bend
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That made no sense.. calm down guy... you have 2 threads car wash problems, auto car wash problems.. both sbout not knowing how to use your bs in neatral... dont gotta be a dick off the bat to answer a simple question... what are you talking about brushes and shit for.. how bout you just hand wash like most of us and quit being lazy. Then no problems since you dont know how to use your vehicle.. problem solved
Read both threads from start to finish then you might get it maybe.

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I gave you that answer in your first thread yesterday. Before you made a 2nd one for no reason.. maybe you should read your own threads
Its a frickn forum. Dont respond if your bothered.

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I asked a normal question to him at first. . He answered like a dick.. why are you responfing
The OP was just a guy trying to get some info. That what the forum is for. Probably helped some others with the same question.

Reactions: Jrl

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I asked a normal question to him at first. . He answered like a dick.. why are you responfing
Well your question about why the second Thread , was also acting like a Dick , what would you expect . Why did you respond ?

Sure gets entertaining around these Forums .
Sponsored