Arm rests too low

wht1986

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Agreed, too low. I've been thinking we need someone with a 3d printer to make a riser on the arm rest 'tub' and then we can screw the padded top on to the riser
Sponsored

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My arm rests on both sides are fine for height, but they're way too far apart or maybe I'm just not wide enough myself.

Both my elbows are just barely on the rests. If my arms were 1/2 inch shorter, I wouldn't be able to use both at once.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
You know, I never realized that they were low until I read this thread. But here I am, sitting in my car and realizing my arms don’t reach them lol

Bluesteelworx

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, GMC Sierra
For the center arm rest. I agree that it is kind of low for some people who have short arms/long torsos, or whatever. When I had a 04 Forester XT, the arm rest was low. I bought a Subaru part that extended the storage area, in which that lifted the arm rest. Maybe in the future there might be an aftermarket part or Ford might realize that and come up with something.
Yes,I think it's too low as well. Especially after having a Silverado for 8 years. I see covers but I can't tell if they raise it or not.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
5’ 11” 160 pounds, same as the designer’s I guess.
Everything seems custom designed to fit me.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Everything seems custom designed to fit me. But I will admit I like the ledge at the window.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I don't use arm rests. My arms are usually at my side resting on the back of the seat which is wide enough. Or 10 and 2 on the steering wheel.

maximumwang

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Everything seems custom designed to fit me. But I will admit I like the ledge at the window.
Yeah I'm a window ledge man myself.

I'm 5-9" and I have the seat pretty high. I find the center council a little low, but I use it. Was considering strapping a firm pillow foam pad or something to the top of the hatch. Get a little height, but also protect it from the random 2 x 4 that often goes through there.

Blynne

Badlands
First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Mustang GT, 21 Escape, 22 BS Badlands
I feel they are too low as well. It works if I lower the seat a lot but I like to have it kind of high. I just lean to the right, lol.

DebiHammel

Big Bend
First Name
Debi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford Edge
I felt the same way when I test drove one. I'm coming from an Edge and I *used* to rest my arm on the arm rest and gear shifter.... now I got nuthin.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Does anyone else feel the arm rests on the door trim and the center console are too low? I feel like they need to be an inch or so higher than they are.
Maybe we can design something to bolt-on top of them.
No you have your seat to high. Lower the seat and watch how the armrest gets higher lol.

zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Same height as the OP here, absolutely. It was the first thing I've noticed the moment I sat.
I couldn't believe it wasn't adjustable in height like a VW golf.
Is there any aftermarket part for solving this? I would buy that no matter the cost!

OP
OP

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
If it had an exposed hinge, I was going to deign a height ring that could be 3d printed. However, I'm not sure how I would separate the lid to attach it.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have the same issue!
I’m 6’5” with a short torso, so for leg room I put the seat fully back and up. I’m comfortable sitting, but the arm rests are a bit too low. I end up resting my left elbow on the window sill. A driver seat drop down arm rest on the right arm would be very useful/comfortable.

I’ve seen some wedge pad things on Amazon that are supposed to fit between the console and the seat, but they look too flimsy and look like they would move around a bunch whilst driving.

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I have long arms, but the console armrest and door armrest are too far apart for me. I only notice it on long road trips, so I bring a small pillow to wedge between me and the door which works great. Have been thinking that if they had an aftermarket fold down armrest to attach to the seat it would be perfect... but that would probably get in the way of the airbag.
Sponsored