Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Anyone know who to rectify this? I’ve watched video, searched the Internet and get seem to find information as to how to fix this. I thought I synced Apple Play in the Sport Outer Banks but it’s still not right.

Thanks.

Ford Bronco Sport Apple CarPlay - "Download Has Failed" message F174BFE4-FCF5-4C0F-B442-81BA30C57433
Sponsored

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Did you figure out what specifically caused that issue?
It looks like a permissions issue. When you connect the first time you have unlock your phone and allow the Apple CarPlay permission to contacts. It should prompt for it.

NotAnonymous

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
It looks like a permissions issue. When you connect the first time you have unlock your phone and allow the Apple CarPlay permission to contacts. It should prompt for it.
Gotcha. I'm an Android guy so I know there are tech differences, but I'm trying to keep an eye on any issues those here who already have Sports are experiencing while I make my decision.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Sadly this was the one real miss giving sync 3.4 to the Bronco Sport instead of Sync 4 like the big Bronco will get. Sync 4 will support wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto where the 3 series lacks this function.
The OB has the wireless charging mat, but if you want to use carplay or AA (I use Waze regularly) and kinda pointless having to have it plugged in via USB :(
Might take a peek if a Forscan setting will work. 3.4 might have the wireless hardware in the module, but I know when I tried enabling this on my Escape with sync 3.0 module it failed to work.

Last edited:

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Sadly this was the one real miss giving sync 3.4 to the Bronco Sport instead of Sync 4 like the big Bronco will get. Sync 4 will support wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto where the 3 series lacks this function.
The OB has the wireless charging mat, but if you want to use carplay or AA (I use Waze regularly) and kinda pointless having to have it plugged in via USB :(
Might take a peek if a Forscan setting will work. 3.4 might have the wireless hardware in the module, but I know when I tried enabling this on my Escape with sync 3.0 module it failed to work.

Do you think these head units will be upgradeable to the SYNC 4?

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Never had it before anyway (AA/CP), but now I wonder about the charging pad being a little redundant. Split/share w/passenger I guess. Wireless would be great of course. USB Wireless adapter a possibility.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Never had it before anyway (AA/CP), but now I wonder about the charging pad being a little redundant. Split/share w/passenger I guess. Wireless would be great of course. USB Wireless adapter a possibility.
well, I balked at first thinking this was a "miss" on Ford's part with having to plug in my phone to get AA to work, though then my partner can charge her phone in the wireless charging pad at the same time, while l I put my phone on the shelf above. So in a sense, maybe it wasn't a miss?
I use Waze all the time and love it going through the HU.
Sponsored