Any Complaints so far?

NEBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
I thought I’d ask people who have already taken delivery / purchased a Bronco Sport. Any complaints so far? Most reviews seem to be pretty positive from what I’ve seen but I was just curious.

I also don’t understand all of the negativity from other people towards this vehicle. I recently ordered an Outer Banks with OB package and now have an April build date. Lately I feel like I’ve seen a lot of negative comments about the Bronco Sport in general. These mostly seem to be from Jeep owners or people who don’t realize that the Bronco sport isn’t the same model as the full sized Bronco. Or they’re calling it the Escape ?
Sponsored

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I thought I’d ask people who have already taken delivery / purchased a Bronco Sport. Any complaints so far? Most reviews seem to be pretty positive from what I’ve seen but I was just curious.

I also don’t understand all of the negativity from other people towards this vehicle. I recently ordered an Outer Banks with OB package and now have an April build date. Lately I feel like I’ve seen a lot of negative comments about the Bronco Sport in general. These mostly seem to be from Jeep owners or people who don’t realize that the Bronco sport isn’t the same model as the full sized Bronco. Or they’re calling it the Escape ?
I took delivery of my OB/OB about a month ago. No complains here. It was exactly what I wanted. I think you are correct about people confusing the Sport with the full sized Bronco. I've had to educate a few people. My husband loves his Jeep Wrangler, but he has said if he ever wanted a new vehicle, he would definitely consider a Sport.

Cybercoder

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2011 Escape
Took delivery the week before Christmas. 3,000 miles so far, not the daily driver, purchased mainly for road trips. Only issue I am not fond of is the Auto Shut Off, but even that I have gotten used to. I originally did not order for the off-road ability, but that was a bonus. Only issue now is the wife also loves it, very spunky fun vehicle to drive. Amazed with the little engine that could.

ltober20

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Theres no "Oh S**t" handle for the driver lol curious why they left that out.

Other than that minor detail I have been loving my OB. Got 1200 miles on it so far and it has been amazing, espcially handling well in the midwest snowfalls of late

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Theres no "Oh S**t" handle for the driver lol curious why they left that out.

Other than that minor detail I have been loving my OB. Got 1200 miles on it so far and it has been amazing, espcially handling well in the midwest snowfalls of late
In my experience that handle, for the driver, is the steering wheel.

I bought a bare bones base model on 1/5. Almost 900 miles on it now. It's my new daily, replacing a well loved 2005 CR-V.

It's a revival of the original cute-utes of the 90s, with modern tech and excellent performance. 180hp, AWD, 28mpg and real, actual off road control modes for $28k...
It's a good value. I think it's going to wipe the floor with comparable offerings from Jeep and Subaru.

I am in the camp of believing that any sort of dicey off roading in a non purpose-built vehicle or in the vehicle you have to drive home is foolish, so I don't need things like hydraulic bump stops or a simulated rear locker or rock crawling goat modes. I also have big messy dogs so I don't want a fancy interior. The base is where it's at for me.

I have my reservations about the longevity of such thin sheet metal in climates like mine where road salt is an issue, I don't like the fabric wheel well or underbody liners, but overall I think it's a good car, and I'm looking forward to making lots of awesome road trip and camping memories in it. I'll be adding a full size spare, a leveling kit, and underbody protection in the future, but I'd really rather purchase those than finance them.

Just my reflections.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
My only complaint is no option for memory seats. BL +BL.
Yeah I was disappointed to see they hadn't added that. We're coming from a 2014 Titanium Escape that had memory seat and mirrors. I'll definitely miss that as my wife and I share the car and have very different positions. I won't miss the electronic opening lift gate though, that was more of a pain in the ass than it was worth on the Escape, so slow to open.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
My daughter has been the sole driver (temporarily) and has been getting back and forth from work without incident in the horrible far west Chicago 'burb weather we've been having as an "inexperienced in this type of driving" driver says that I have NO complaints.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Big Bend owner here

Factory windshield wipers are substandard (my last vehicle had the same issue that was a Toyota RAV4 )

I want a bigger fuel tank ( I want another 100 miles range more than I am getting. I am getting 20mpg using a lot of slippery GOAT mode probably AWD , preheating the car as well, I expect better mileage in the spring , my tire pressure is what it should be)

Water does not run off the vehicle (not sure if it makes a difference but my vehicle is Cactus gray ) ? . It beads up. I had 1/4”- 1/2” of ice all over it after a winter rain and freeze .

Water sticks to the rear camera more than my last vehicle. (Blurs it out )

Suggestions for Ford for future model years
Recovery tow hooks on all trims
SYNC 4
I want a winch mount option and steel bumper
18 or 20 gallon fuel tank instead of 16
Off road maps on all trims for the Navigation system

Some stuff I like about the vehicle
Built in beer bottle opener
The lights built into the rear door
The windshield defroster is very powerful compared to my last vehicle
the Fordpass app (remote start , the gps tracker gives my a $34 insurance discount)

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
1600 miles on my base model dressed in Shadow black.
Not a single complaint, nada none.
It's great on my slippery roads.
The littlest thing stands out to me,
It has the best windshield wipers I've ever had, they are silent and clean perfectly.

MrSoxo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So here in Indianapolis we got a serious snow storm yesterday. The thing handles like a dream in deep snow. No complaints on that.

But after helping my parents go to the store for some quick shopping I noticed something that will probably be a problem. When the wind is severe, the blowing snow got behind the doors. The rear door had snow packed. After opening the door, all of the snow fell into my cargo area.

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210216_082342
Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? 20210216_082352

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
1600 miles on my base model dressed in Shadow black.
Not a single complaint, nada none.
It's great on my slippery roads.
The littlest thing stands out to me,
It has the best windshield wipers I've ever had, they are silent and clean perfectly.
I have the same experience as you on the slippery roads,

My windshield wipers are not up to my expectations, gonna replace them.
Sponsored