All terrain tire size reccomendation

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey guys,

Trying to upgrade my tires to all terrains but keep my stock wheels and stock ride height. I have the 17 inch wheels that come on the big bend model.

What's the biggest size all terrain tires I can stuff on the stock wheels without rubbing and turning the wheel lock to lock?
Sponsored

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Hey guys,

Trying to upgrade my tires to all terrains but keep my stock wheels and stock ride height. I have the 17 inch wheels that come on the big bend model.

What's the biggest size all terrain tires I can stuff on the stock wheels without rubbing and turning the wheel lock to lock?
Probably 235/65R17s, but even then I'd imagine that they could get all gaumed up with mud or snow in the fender wells. I stuck with 225/65R17s, at least until a lift kit I trust comes along. Even with a lift, though, 245/65R17 is gonna be the limit unless you want to start doing some trimming.

OP
OP
GiraffezMilk

GiraffezMilk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Probably 235/65R17s, but even then I'd imagine that they could get all gaumed up with mud or snow in the fender wells. I stuck with 225/65R17s, at least until a lift kit I trust comes along. Even with a lift, though, 245/65R17 is gonna be the limit unless you want to start doing some trimming.
Do you have some pictures? I'd like to see the stock tire size with all terrains.

Thanks for the info by the way.

Reactions: Jrl

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
Falken Wildpeak AT Trails. 225/65R17

Ford Bronco Sport All terrain tire size reccomendation 20210411_180452

Ford Bronco Sport All terrain tire size reccomendation 20210411_180444
Those are same exact tires I bought. Appointment for Wednesday to get them on. Nice to see a pre-view.

I am waiting as others are to maybe do a lift, wheel/tire changes, etc. My tread change will definitely change my BB’s behavior for now but I am not buying anything ‘new’, especially when it comes to suspension.

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
Those are same exact tires I bought. Appointment for Wednesday to get them on. Nice to see a pre-view.

I am waiting as others are to maybe do a lift, wheel/tire changes, etc. My tread change will definitely change my BB’s behavior for now but I am not buying anything ‘new’, especially when it comes to suspension.
These tires are fantastic in rain and snow. I haven't had a chance to get them dirty yet, but I presume they're going to be a great compromise between getting to the backroads and getting to the trail.

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The traction of the wildpeaks in dirt is fantastic. I‘ve driven through loose trails in Joshua tree and Sedona and the Bronco has been impressive with them. So good on normal mode that I question whether I will ever get to try any goat modes!

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
Ignore the bag on the mirror, I'm still at daily war with a Robin who wants to fight his reflection.

Ford Bronco Sport All terrain tire size reccomendation 20210411_183955

Ford Bronco Sport All terrain tire size reccomendation 20210411_183946
That bag is a great idea. I am on my second season trying to reason with a female cardinal. She goes at it the minute I pull up.
Ford Bronco Sport All terrain tire size reccomendation IMG_2429

schizorage

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base
That bag is a great idea. I am on my second season trying to reason with a female cardinal. She goes at it the minute I pull up.
Ford Bronco Sport All terrain tire size reccomendation IMG_2429
These are a bit pricey for what they are, but they're waterproof and cinch closed. I still deal with the occasional bomb, but I'm not cleaning a poop massacre off of my car three times a day anymore, and I'm not constantly throwing out shredded plastic bags.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00PKKDGQK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_fabc_QHNWE5MWKN1W1TWNZ54V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Scot

Big Bend
First Name
scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bonco Sport Big Bend
These are the tires I was thinking about. K02's look so mean to me! I'm just stuck trying to decide if i go up one size or not.
This is my position now exactly...
did you go up a size with the KO'2s
Sponsored