All Hail the Full Size Spare Tire!

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Don't know if anyone else has said it yet, haven't read the entire thread, but... I think it's really crappy those of us with the upgraded Falken AT3W tires on the Badlands or FE's don't get a matching tire for the spare. We still get the stock full size spare, so that makes it a 97% full size spare. :/
Sponsored

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
Ah, I searched through that darn sticker and for some reason didn't see that. Ours says Special Order 06 10 21. Does that mean that someone had ordered this vehicle but for whatever reason did not pick it up?
Someone did back out on their order and this car was built in June.

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
Someone did back out on their order and this car was built in June.
Since joining this forum, I now realize how incredibly lucky we were to find our Badlands sitting on the lot. I had no idea how in demand these things are.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
Don't know if anyone else has said it yet, haven't read the entire thread, but... I think it's really crappy those of us with the upgraded Falken AT3W tires on the Badlands or FE's don't get a matching tire for the spare. We still get the stock full size spare, so that makes it a 97% full size spare. :/

I just picked up my Badlands with the Falken 235's tire option yesterday and I, too, have the Pirelli 225 for a spare. I'm happy as can be with the vehicle but not too happy about the spare situation considering the option for the Falkens costs $495 extra for a tire that is cheaper by about $13 on Tirerack than the Pirelli 225's. The biggest problem with this is the fact that there's a 1/2 inch difference in diameter which is terrible for AWD's and 4 x 4's if it has to be used.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Unfortunately they're all this way if you get the upgraded Falkens, they still give you the smaller Pirelli for a spare. Dealership/ sales staff was sympathetic, but wouldn't go as far as upgrading the spare tire because this is how Ford ships them out. I tried talking to Ford about it months ago and they acknowledge they're all this way and it's correct and their engineering team says it's just fine.

I've had Ford and GM/Chevy pull this same stunt on pickup trucks when ordering upgraded tires. ...Still get the stock tire as a spare, even if it's a different diameter.
Sponsored