Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, GMC Acadia
Great feedback here. And thanks for the test @Willow

Might be silly question but...What do ya'll use to deflate? Read something on here about a "Deflator" but before that just assumed everyone did that "by hand". Thanks!
Sponsored

Kq100

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Great feedback here. And thanks for the test @Willow

Might be silly question but...What do ya'll use to deflate? Read something on here about a "Deflator" but before that just assumed everyone did that "by hand". Thanks!
Hromee Automatic Tire Deflators Kit for Offroad Vehicles, Cars, Trucks, Motorcycle 6-30 PSI Adjustable Air Deflating Set with 80 PSI Pressure Gauge & Valve Core Repair Tool
you can preset how low it will deflate the tire to. You can do all 4 tires at the same time

OP
OP
NW Trail Marauder

NW Trail Marauder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Picked up the 88p. Clearly needed to do a bit more research. Thank you all!

bronco bill

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I think this was one I saw tested. The only question I have about it is, what about airing all 4 tires down to 18 or 15 psi, and all 4 back up again to 33? Most of this type of compressor will overheat in 10 mins. or so. A great thing to have for those emergencies, will it work for all 4 on the trail (or beach, or snow, etc. off-road)?
I use the viair 300 and it inflates from 16 to 32 all four tires in under 20 minutes

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I’ve got an viair 85P that I picked up for a previous vehicle that didn’t have a spare. It came with a can of fix a flat. It always worked great for keeping things properly inflated but I’ve never used it to do a full air up on four tires. Its label says maximum run time is 20 minutes at 72 degrees and 30 PSI. Probably under spec but I already have it so I’ll give it a whirl (assuming my Badlands ever gets built)
Ford Bronco Sport Air Compressor 7E47393E-B60F-45C7-BC39-F2E306698D55

Ford Bronco Sport Air Compressor F591E193-5427-4456-82FF-E2F0B8D3FF3B

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
from the owners manual, the 12V power outlets are all rated at 20 amps
Ford Bronco Sport Air Compressor 1621099612343

bronco bill

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
If you look at the second picture on the label it says not to use it for than 10 minutes continuously. If you use it for 10 minutes give it 15 to cool down. With my flat from 5psi to 33psi took about 3-4 minutes. If you set all tires to 18psi it could 'probably' bring them back up to 33psi in one attempt. You will have a little bit of cool down between tires. Was just throwing out another option.
I bought a Smitty built and a Viair 300P I could not make up my mind so I bought them both. Now, they both fill the tires on my badland from 16 to 32 pounds in uder 20 minutes. If anyone is looking for a viair, I paid $151.. I will sell for $125. Used once. Bronco Bill
Sponsored