Aftermarket Roof Rack setup recommendations?

Brandon F.

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m looking for a roof rack setup for the BS and have recently learned the dynamic load capacity for ours (with moonroof) is only 100lbs.

I’m curious on what others are using for their rack setup currently? :)
Sponsored

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I'm betting that 100 is more for rollover weight than strength and if you read the manual it says 100 pounds with the "panoramic roof" which the Sport doesn't have. It's also "crossbars" not the side rail weight limit. I'm using the Yakima Timberline towers with crossbars which is much sturdier than those factory bars. There's a rollover bar in the roof so I wouldn't worry about the 100 pounds being the limit. My guess is they just copied the wording over from the Escape manual and forgot to edit and correct it for the Sport. I'll be carrying canoes on top and wouldn't hesitate to go over the 100 pound limit.

OP
OP

Brandon F.

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm betting that 100 is more for rollover weight than strength and if you read the manual it says 100 pounds with the "panoramic roof" which the Sport doesn't have. It's also "crossbars" not the side rail weight limit. I'm using the Yakima Timberline towers with crossbars which is much sturdier than those factory bars. There's a rollover bar in the roof so I wouldn't worry about the 100 pounds being the limit. My guess is they just copied the wording over from the Escape manual and forgot to edit and correct it for the Sport. I'll be carrying canoes on top and wouldn't hesitate to go over the 100 pound limit.
Ok thanks man! That helps a lot!

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
I would think that dynamic load would be how much load that it could handle in an accident like situation without the load flying off or something on the roof giving way. In other words don't get in an accident with over 100lbs on the roof.

OP
OP

Brandon F.

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would think that dynamic load would be how much load that it could handle in an accident like situation without the load flying off or something on the roof giving way. In other words don't get in an accident with over 100lbs on the roof.
Ok thank you for the advice!
Sponsored