Aftermarket Air Intake from a Fiesta ST Mk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regal GS
Does the engine bay layout from the Fiesta ST MK8 lineup with the Bronco Sports? It appears to be identical. My thought was you could order an aftermarket intake for the Fiesta ST 1.5 and there’s a good chance it will drop into the BS’s engine bay no problem.

Just an idea that popped into my head at 3am!!! Who wants to be the guinea pig!? It might be me once My BS gets here! (I love the sound more than anything else)

Fiesta ST:
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Air Intake from a Fiesta ST Mk8 953C712F-EF4B-4496-8480-5F48164CB619

BS:
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Air Intake from a Fiesta ST Mk8 7AB3BE45-E329-48D6-8F49-0D43C02F9C6B
Sponsored

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
Does the engine bay layout from the Fiesta ST MK8 lineup with the Bronco Sports? It appears to be identical. My thought was you could order an aftermarket intake for the Fiesta ST 1.5 and there’s a good chance it will drop into the BS’s engine bay no problem.

Just an idea that popped into my head at 3am!!! Who wants to be the guinea pig!? It might be me once My BS gets here! (I love the sound more than anything else)

Fiesta ST:
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Air Intake from a Fiesta ST Mk8 953C712F-EF4B-4496-8480-5F48164CB619

BS:
Ford Bronco Sport Aftermarket Air Intake from a Fiesta ST Mk8 7AB3BE45-E329-48D6-8F49-0D43C02F9C6B

Fiesta ST:

BS:

[/QUOTE

Hhhmmm. I’m not sure I want to be the guinea pig on this, but I’m very curious if it would work.

OP
OP
FourthStreetOB
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regal GS
I MIGHT do it! The BS’s ecu should automatically adjust the afr. I’m going to research the 1.5L a bit further before just jumping into it.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I MIGHT do it! The BS’s ecu should automatically adjust the afr. I’m going to research the 1.5L a bit further before just jumping into it.
Yep, and the ECU will re-adjust air volume right back to optimum and that will be at the stock systems level giving no performance gains, but maybe It will sound cool.
In all my modern cars I have never noticed any performance loss or mpg loss as my air filter gets dirty and restricts air flow from normal use as long as It's serviced on time and not allowed to really get bad.
Air/fuel ratios are constantly adjusted on the fly following so many variables as you drive.
So...
It makes perfect sense to assume if you Install a less restrictive air intake system/filter without any ECU re-calibration you will gain nothing.

Or I don't have a clue and just made this up for no particular reason at all :,P

Last edited:
OP
OP
FourthStreetOB
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regal GS
Yep, and the ECU will re-adjust air volume right back to optimum and that will be at the stock systems level giving no performance gains, but maybe It will sound cool.
In all my modern cars I have never noticed any performance loss or mpg loss as my air filter gets dirty and restricts air flow from normal use as long as It's serviced on time and not allowed to really get bad.
Air/fuel ratios are constantly adjusted on the fly following so many variables as you drive.
So...
It makes perfect sense to assume if you Install a less restrictive air intake system/filter without any ECU re-calibration you will gain nothing.

Or I don't have a clue and just made this up for no particular reason at all :,P
Stop making things up Osco! ; )

No, I understand it will not gain anything in the performance department, nor should it lose anything. With the ECU re-calibrating to it's new conditions do you foresee an aftermarket intake doing any harm? I would think not but...

Only thing I'm gaining is the sound! A little more fun-factor! That's my reason for doing it.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Stop making things up Osco! ; )

No, I understand it will not gain anything in the performance department, nor should it lose anything. With the ECU re-calibrating to it's new conditions do you foresee an aftermarket intake doing any harm? I would think not but...

Only thing I'm gaining is the sound! A little more fun-factor! That's my reason for doing it.
Back In the day we'd flip the air breather cover over, exposing the filter and that gave us a really cool throaty growl when our quadrajet carburetors went WOT
Sponsored