AEROSKIN II deflectors are they worth it?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I have cactus gray BB and liked the look of JRL’s so after suffering a rock chip in first week I decided to get one with my Ford Pass points. Called a local dealer who said he didn’t have one and checking on-line he didn’t see that anybody else in the area did either. Are these that hard to come by?
tried Levittown Ford for the Aeroskin and the rear bumper protecter both of which they seemed to have with a 19% or so discount but the shipping was $83! Do they at least accept the pass points as a Ford dealer?
No on the ponits,I ordered my from nearby Ford dealership and they had it in a few days no shipping and they matched Levittown price and I also got my rubber mats and bumper cover there.Also used all my points at the dealership.I think it will look great on your ride.
Sponsored

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If you buy directly from AVS shipping is free... if you aren’t using your Ford points and mine got here in like 5 days. I was saving mine for an oil change or whatever the first service will cost.

BSportOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Anyone go through automatic car washes? It mentioned something on the directions to try to avoid. Wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with these types of hood protectors and car washes.

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
What are the advantages of either model the smooth one or the raised one?

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
What are the advantages of either model the smooth one or the raised one?
Well, the raised one will prevent any rock chips the same as the smooth and maybe it’s a southern thing but it also sends any but the heaviest bugs soaring over the windshield and that’s a big deal. Nothing worse than gelatinous bug goo being smeared across the windshield at night.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I have to ask, I'm I the only one uncomfortable with using an adhesive to attach a deflector? I had a deflector on my 2001 Escape. It was screwed on from under the hood. I don't care for using adhesive on the paint long term.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have to ask, I'm I the only one uncomfortable with using an adhesive to attach a deflector? I had a deflector on my 2001 Escape. It was screwed on from under the hood. I don't care for using adhesive on the paint long term.
Nope you are not. It's one of the reasons I opted out. I'll deal with touchup paint

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Anyone go through automatic car washes? It mentioned something on the directions to try to avoid. Wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with these types of hood protectors and car washes.
Touchless carwashes are fine. The carwashes with the brushes or strips can snag on and pull them off, not to mention they can scratch the paint.

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Personally I don't plan on removing mine and if it became damaged I'd replace it. I'll probably trade it in a few years anyway.

BjB13

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Just got one in last week. Notice big difference with much less bug carnage on glass and the bug parts collector above windshield. No real noticeable issues with interstate driving speeds as of yet. At night uou can see the big ones coming in for the kill and then being caught in the air swoop and shooting up and away. ???

not huge fan of the adhesive but was easy to add and I already have numerous rock hits down to metal ?

Ford Bronco Sport AEROSKIN II deflectors are they worth it? 419E1EB1-F798-49AA-8142-27374E97DAE0

Ford Bronco Sport AEROSKIN II deflectors are they worth it? 7B05A97C-5C87-4404-AE08-B147E8A51074

blankobject

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Just got one in last week. Notice big difference with much less bug carnage on glass and the bug parts collector above windshield. No real noticeable issues with interstate driving speeds as of yet. At night uou can see the big ones coming in for the kill and then being caught in the air swoop and shooting up and away. ???

not huge fan of the adhesive but was easy to add and I already have numerous rock hits down to metal ?

Ford Bronco Sport AEROSKIN II deflectors are they worth it? 419E1EB1-F798-49AA-8142-27374E97DAE0

Ford Bronco Sport AEROSKIN II deflectors are they worth it? 7B05A97C-5C87-4404-AE08-B147E8A51074
How scary is it when you 1st apply that prep pad to it and cor of the paint changes? I think my heart skipped a beat. Does anyone know what is actually happening here? Does it remove the top coat? If I decide to remove this down the road and I screwed?

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
How scary is it when you 1st apply that prep pad to it and cor of the paint changes? I think my heart skipped a beat. Does anyone know what is actually happening here? Does it remove the top coat? If I decide to remove this down the road and I screwed?
... I don't think mine changed colors. Maybe just looked a little wet till it dried.
The scientific concept of the promoter is beyond me, I think it applies a film that acts as a intermediate between the two surfaces but may be much more scientific than that :).
You can clean it up at application with alcohol, after the fact I don't know and would be interested to find out myself.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Oh, and on a mustang I had I used the adhesive primer before applying louvers to the back side windows... Before tradign it in I'd looked at if they would come off.. They did NOT want to come off.. so left them on. I've read you can use dental floss or some other thin strong string to basically saw through the 3m tape. But then you have to clean it off of the paint. I've done that with factory emblems using Goo B Gone and a lot of careful elbow grease before but not sure if they were applied with promoter or not.