bdigna

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I installed the Aeroskin 2 Hood Protector today, that I bought from Accessories.Ford.com. Unfortunately, when lining it up, it slipped off the hood and landed face down on the driveway. I was really surprised how easily it scratched along the face, exposing the greyish plastic underneath the black. I still installed it, as the benefits outweigh the absence (I hope) - does anyone have any suggestions how to touch up the black, or at least minimize the look of the scratches. See pics below.
Much appreciated.
Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin Hood Protector Scratches scratch
Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin Hood Protector Scratches deflect
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I installed the Aeroskin 2 Hood Protector today, that I bought from Accessories.Ford.com. Unfortunately, when lining it up, it slipped off the hood and landed face down on the driveway. I was really surprised how easily it scratched along the face, exposing the greyish plastic underneath the black. I still installed it, as the benefits outweigh the absence (I hope) - does anyone have any suggestions how to touch up the black, or at least minimize the look of the scratches. See pics below.
Much appreciated.
Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin Hood Protector Scratches scratch
Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin Hood Protector Scratches deflect
You need to get torquedetail.com they make a plastic restore product. They have a great line of other products that I use .Check them out .

Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin Hood Protector Scratches 4C66F2DE-ECF9-49C9-A1FF-B5EAA6C94797

Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin Hood Protector Scratches 681C3B74-DB16-48B7-A437-44F3844FF786

Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin Hood Protector Scratches 8CD26B96-9670-4FFC-A636-845CE8490318

Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin Hood Protector Scratches 320F1102-CCEE-42F8-AC14-F71820FB00CD

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I would just start by applying some sort of plastic/rubber coating, “Armor All” sort of stuff. What you think is “grey plastic underneath” is really just the black plastic that is scratched. The plastic stress whitens when it is scratched making it appear grey. The same thing happens when you scratch the interior plastics, the scratches look grey even though the plastic is black.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Often, just letting it sit in direct sunlight and get hot will reduce the visibility of light damage. You can also try a blow dryer or heat gun, but be careful with the latter. You just want the outter layer of plastic to get hot. If the heat gets deep enough you can warp it.