Karen

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
Still waiting on mine. Any updates on yours?
Should be able to pick it up tomorrow if the right belt comes in. Wrong one sent, but the new ac compressor arrived at dealership yesterday. Hope all goes well for you.

OP
OP

Karen

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
Should be able to pick it up tomorrow if the right belt comes in. Wrong one sent, but the new ac compressor arrived at dealership yesterday. Hope all goes well for you.
Not ready. Charging problem with the battery/powertrain(?) they said. Ilike the bronco sport, just hoping it is not going to be a continuing problem. I have always had my vehicles for 10-15 years, would like this one to last that long too; what does everyone think?

OP
OP

Karen

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
Not ready. Charging problem with the battery/powertrain(?) they said. Ilike the bronco sport, just hoping it is not going to be a continuing problem. I have always had my vehicles for 10-15 years, would like this one to last that long too; what does everyone think?
I have a bad alternator and that is why the vehicle is not charging and flashing multiple odd warnings. If you have warnings popping up, such as anticollision
It seems I have a bad alternator now. Not charging, causing a powertrain malfunction and other odd warnings to pop up. If you have warnings pop up and then disappear, come back again, etc., that are charged by a battery, have your alternator checked. It is past the ohio 30 day lemon law, but I like my vehicle, have a loaner, and will continue to work with dealership as they have been really good at keeping me informed and upfront on my options. Day 34.

stoopidrookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I have always had my vehicles for 10-15 years, would like this one to last that long too; what does everyone think?
I’d wait a bit longer into the warranty period to start worrying about longevity. It seems like a couple things happen with any brand new car, especially in the first model year. I bet we start seeing people with 20 thousand miles, or more, in the next year or so - and their experiences will be very helpful.

OP
OP

Karen

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
I’d wait a bit longer into the warranty period to start worrying about longevity. It seems like a couple things happen with any brand new car, especially in the first model year. I bet we start seeing people with 20 thousand miles, or more, in the next year or so - and their experiences will be very helpful.
Got my Bronco sport back this morning. Still like the vehicle a lot, rode really good, and switched to normal from eco which had it running and sounding more like a vehicle. The response was so much better. Was advised to switch to eco in city driving for longevity of the motor and gas saving. Time to enjoy.

roh_noes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
Awesome! I had a random anti collision detection warning once back in june, but nothing else. Maybe I should have them look at the alternator. Mine is still sitting in the shop unfortunately, but I did get a Rav4 loaner and that's been pretty nice. I am also super worried about longevity, but I'll try and ride out the issues for now as long as im under warranty
Sponsored