Karen

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
Had my ac compressor go out which broke a belt and caused vehicle to overheat. Dealer says ford has about 13 to 14 complaints of this happening. Anyone else have problems. No warning signs, just driving and boom.
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Had my ac compressor go out which broke a belt and caused vehicle to overheat. Dealer says ford has about 13 to 14 complaints of this happening. Anyone else have problems. No warning signs, just driving and boom.
ouch that hurts , they are covering it I hope?

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
That's scary! So what happened? You were driving and then your car turned off?

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Exactly. Got a bunch of warnings all at once. Vehicle just stopped.
That is really scary. I'm glad you are okay. Was it an abrupt stop or were you able to roll to the side of the road when the car shut off? I've noticed my AC compressor sometimes sounds really loud. Hopefully my car is okay.

OP
OP

Karen

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
That is really scary. I'm glad you are okay. Was it an abrupt stop or were you able to roll to the side of the road when the car shut off? I've noticed my AC compressor sometimes sounds really loud. Hopefully my car is okay.
Able to pull off due to warnings on dash.

roh_noes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
Hey someone else! I got this as well at ~2700 miles. Scary because I was turning right onto a highway at the time and the engine just cut off. Also sitting around waiting on parts. Did not get a loaner and have a road trip in 3 days. I guess I can only hope the fix doesnt just have the same problem

OP
OP

Karen

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
Hey someone else! I got this as well at ~2700 miles. Scary because I was turning right onto a highway at the time and the engine just cut off. Also sitting around waiting on parts. Did not get a loaner and have a road trip in 3 days. I guess I can only hope the fix doesnt just have the same problem
I am on me second week of waiting on part. Lucky I got a loaner. I only had 905 miles on mine. Had it for only six weeks. Good luck.

roh_noes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
Did they happen to say what might have caused it? Or is it just faulty part? Mine occurred after being parked in the sun all day so idk if heat was the issue

OP
OP

Karen

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
Did they happen to say what might have caused it? Or is it just faulty part? Mine occurred after being parked in the sun all day so idk if heat was the issue
My vehicle also sits outside all the time. They said it was probably a faulty ac compressor. Ford has received 13 to 14 complaints of same issue. Make sure your shop or dealership.reports it to ford and puts in an order that should be expedited
Then the waiting

roh_noes

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021
Yup I was told it was "expedited", but the dealer says they have not even gotten a response from Ford yet. I need to ask about a loaner I guess. No car living in the burbs is rough!

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yup I was told it was "expedited", but the dealer says they have not even gotten a response from Ford yet. I need to ask about a loaner I guess. No car living in the burbs is rough!
That sucks they didn’t give you a loaner. I think that should be automatic to give a loaner with it being such a new car.

OP
OP

Karen

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco sport
I hear ya. I basically told them no other way to work; i acted like a Karen. But dealership is really good, most times have to reserve loaner if vehicle kept overnight, otherwise I wait for it
Sponsored