dbair07

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Bought a brand new BS outerbanks. Less than 1200km and needs a new engine. Dealership will only cover a rental for a compact car.

It's no one's fault this happened besides maybe the factory but it's just really leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of this car and the dealership hasn't helped.

I'm a very reasonable and logical person but feel like something should be done here.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You didn't say, but I assume Ford is replacing the engine. Is that the case?

OP
OP

dbair07

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes they are. Btw oil leak in cylinder 3, no compression in the cylinder, loss of oil. Epic fail.

BigPhatPaulie

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Most dealerships wont even cover a rental at all so it sounds like aside from the bad luck regarding the engine uncharacteristically failing things are getting taken care of?

Every brand and every vehicle will have this happen to them. It truly sucks for the individual that is unlucky enough to roll the snake eyes and have it happen to them but it sounds like they are taking care of you yea?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
A new engine is being installed and they provided a vehicle. It sucks but not much you can do. As of now, it doesn't come under the Lemon Law. I'd be pissed too but not with the dealer..

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes they are. Btw oil leak in cylinder 3, no compression in the cylinder, loss of oil. Epic fail.
Do you have an idea what Ford and/or your dealership could do to make you happy? If so, have you communicated that to Ford and/or your dealership?

OP
OP

dbair07

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah get me a vehicle that is equal or better size/quality as a rental until fixed. I have asked for this and was denied.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah if they give you some thing 4 wheels and it runs consider yourself lucky. A lot of dealers do not provide any loaner vehicle at all.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a very reasonable and logical person but feel like something should be done here.
rea· son· a· ble
- as much as is appropriate or fair.

log· i· cal
- (of an action, development, decision, etc.) natural or sensible given the circumstances.

I realize it's a matter of opinion, but I believe what your dealership has done for you meets these definitions. They have provided a vehicle for your use until yours is repaired. It seems at this point your only option would be to seek legal remedy. My guess is the definitions of those two terms would feature prominently in court arguments.

OP
OP

dbair07

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rea· son· a· ble

log· i· cal
- (of an action, development, decision, etc.) natural or sensible given the circumstances.

I realize it's a matter of opinion, but I believe what your dealership has done for you meets these definitions. They have provided a vehicle for your use until yours is repaired. It seems at this point your only option would be to seek legal remedy. My guess is the definitions of those two terms would feature prominently in court arguments.
Savage

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
rea· son· a· ble

log· i· cal

Judge S. now presiding, please be seated and informed.

Mark ,as usual well thought out and presented.

RM951

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport badlands
rea· son· a· ble

log· i· cal

I agree with Mark here. This situation sucks. You're argument for not being made whole would be based on your dissatisfaction with what is being done to fix your problem. Cruddy rental, not having your vehicle for who knows how long, and will you even trust the vehicle when you get it back. Will perform the same? I would take a good long read of the purchase contract and applicable state laws. My bet is drawn out arbitration process which I would guess would come at some out of pocket expenses for you. If your goal is to replace your new BS with another that would most likely be your path. I'm sure others on here would be better naming at your odds of success and the process to that.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This situation sucks.
It would be the absolute worst case scenario I can think of for a new car purchase. I've never had to go through anything like this (knock wood), but I can imagine the frustration someone who does must be feeling. I would absolutely be looking through all the documents involved searching for any advantage I could find.

My hope is that a buyer in such a situation could at the very least be satisfied in the end with whatever outcome. My instinct is that someone who starts a relationship with a new vehicle with so much frustration will never be satisfied with any outcome short of a mulligan--that is a do-over with an entirely new vehicle.

RM951

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport badlands
Ford Bronco Sport A lemon? IMG_2320
I would absolutely be looking through all the documents involved searching for any advantage I could find.
Or just take out a broom and declare shenanigans!

RM951

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport badlands
In all seriousness. Had a guy in the ie park his lemon in front of a dealer and protested for weeks. Could work
Sponsored