2022 Bronco turns over but will not fire.

shaneek

Big Bend
First Name
Shaneek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Hi there. My son bought a 2022 Bronco. It is being sent back to the shop for the second time for the same issue.
My son used his command start, the vehicle started, ran for two seconds and then shut off. No indication lights were illuminated on the dash. From then on our the vehicle will not start. You push the button, the engine turns over, but will not start running.
It was towed to the dealer (300 km away from where we live), and when they got around to looking at it they said there was no issue. It got picked up and the same issue re-occured three weeks later.
I am curious if this has happened to anyone else and what the solution was.
It is not the battery, checked the voltage, even jumped it incase there was an under voltage relay ( I am an electrician by trade, so I did the trouble shooting).
Thinking either fuel filter, injector issues, loose connection, faulty CPU, or an issue in the ladder logic in the programming.
If this has happened to you please let me know what the fix is. Kids is so disappointed, first new vehicle, bought brand new, and has put Mabey 5,000km on it.
Thanks
Hi I'm having this same problem with my Bronco it's been to the dealership twice and they can't seem to find the issue.. Did you find the problem? What was the outcome?

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
Make sure that previous owner did not install a disable start security system. I bought a used Miata and after a fuel fill the engine wold turn over but not start. I had given up and planned to call AAA but noticed the security system had a blinking light. I used the remote to unlock the doors and the light stopped blinking and car started fine.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi I'm having this same problem with my Bronco it's been to the dealership twice and they can't seem to find the issue.. Did you find the problem? What was the outcome?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored