Namies8

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am so very frustrated with Ford right now. I have a 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks (26,700 miles) currently at dealer waiting for diagnostic. No loaners available - Ford says they will reimburse, but I am not happy paying out of pocket for rental up front on a car less than two years old that is still under warranty.

Issue began while at a stop sign. Stupid auto stop engaged and upon auto start, the whole car just died - all electrics, everything. Took a minute or so for electric to come back (it fully reset everything) but engine would still not start. Waited on tow truck for 2 hrs. Tried during that span several times to restart with no luck. Tow driver got there and it started right up like nothing had happened. Worked fine the entire next day (off and restarted at least 5 times) then the next day wouldn't start up. This time it was engine only and not the full electrical system. I was able to start it a few hours later and drive to the dealership to leave it with them - but now I am out a car until they figure it out with no rental unless I pay out of pocket up front and wait for reimbursement (which I will not do unless it becomes an absolute emergency)

Anyone dealt with similar issue of engine randomly not starting?
Sponsored

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Based on everything I've read on these forums, I'd place my wager on a bad battery. If you have to replace it, make sure it's with an AGM type battery. Cheers!