2021 Bronco Maverick (Baby Bronco) Interior First Spied Look!

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
assorted
Bring back the dash mounted push button shifters.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape, '09 Mercury Mariner, '17 Suzuki V-Strom 650, '80 Kawasaki KZ750 (Bought new)
The thing is, even though you're going through the motions of moving the gear lever or rotating the knob, there's no mechanical connection to modern powertrain unless you're rowing your own in a manual. You can toggle back and forth between R &D in a rotary knob vehicle, its just not something you're used to doing. Having it in my car now it has become second nature after about a month.
Other Ford products with the 2.0 EcoBoost and above have paddle shifters available on the steering wheel in addition to the knob. The 1.5L 2020 3cyl Escape SE AWD I had as a loaner recently had the rotary knob mated to the new 8-speed transaxle. Geared way tall IMO, but kicks down smoothly. In this configuration, it had P-R-N-D-L only. There was no access to any other gears. Maybe the Jr Bronco will have the paddle shifters available on all powertrains, but the Escape does not.

ChrispyKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
Other Ford products with the 2.0 EcoBoost and above have paddle shifters available on the steering wheel in addition to the knob. The 1.5L 2020 3cyl Escape SE AWD I had as a loaner recently had the rotary knob mated to the new 8-speed transaxle. Geared way tall IMO, but kicks down smoothly. In this configuration, it had P-R-N-D-L only. There was no access to any other gears. Maybe the Jr Bronco will have the paddle shifters available on all powertrains, but the Escape does not.
I would be willing to bet they'll have the paddles. 2020 Explorer has them, it's an easy add.

ChrispyKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
I can't remember if Escape Titanium had paddles now or not. I need to go outside and look.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape, '09 Mercury Mariner, '17 Suzuki V-Strom 650, '80 Kawasaki KZ750 (Bought new)
I would be willing to bet they'll have the paddles. 2020 Explorer has them, it's an easy add.
If the 1.5L is the standard mill, I'm betting it will have only the knob shifter with it

mattpa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion Hybrid SE
What I mean is doing it quickly while not being able to look at it about 20 times and never missing the right gear, this is pretty much only done to get out of a mud hole, but losing momentum by missing a gear can mean losing the shot of being able to get out under your own power.
Those of us in the Great White North have to do this to get out of snow/ice too.