rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
So, why would you be nervous to take your new vehicle (less than 2 years old) on a road trip, of any length?
Have you read the threads about on the road breakdowns?
Sponsored

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
How many people post on trips with no breakdowns??? Almost 18k on mine (with the 1.5L) and ZERO breakdowns, including a 5k roadtrip shortly after buying it. If you based everything on forum posts, you'll be paralyzed with fear. Cheers!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
If you look, I’m sure you will find occurrences of break downs on almost any vehicle you can buy. Does that mean that you should be concerned about your particular vehicle? For the most part the answer is, “no”. If you let stories of individual failures from vehicle forums affect your level of confidence in that vehicle, then you will never have any confidence in the vehicle you are driving.

There are times when a forums contents should affect your confidence in that vehicle, but that is when there are clearly large numbers of people having a particular failure. When I say “large numbers”, I mean hundreds of individuals. What we have seen so far in this forum is a handful of issues, mostly. Probably the primary issue seen here has been the water pump failures on the 1.5L. I don’t remember seeing any one of those failures being catastrophic, more like a slow leak.

Overall, you should not be concerned about the reliability of the BS from the evidence we have seen so far.

OP
OP
First Name
jclifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
That was just fine, It is good to hear other issues. Please, everyone that reads theses threads, please know that I was absolutely loving my Bronco Sport. I think they are great, almost hitting some place very near my passion for old land rover defenders. I am rebuilding an 88 right now, bur everything is on hold till i figure out what I can do with my bronco. I just really hate that the turbo blew out pretty early as far as most turbos go, and that it took out the engine with it.
Please find your confidence in your bronco, just keep an eye, ear, well, and nose out for issues and hopefully the Broncos that dove right in can make it easier for the ones still treading water. I wish FORD could accommodate some of these issues, I know they can't just pay for every little thing that goes wrong, but here is a line they could draw.
HOW ABOUT, IF IT IS AN ISSUE WHERE YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THAT IF A SALES PERSON SAYS, OH WELL THE XXX,XXXX AND XXX WILL GO OUT RIGHT AFTER WARRANTY, THEY WOULD LOSE THE SELL, THEN YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GET INVOLVED.
SOUND REASONABLE TO ME AND MY 10K QUOTE TO FIX.
THOUGHTS?

OP
OP
First Name
jclifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
How many people post on trips with no breakdowns??? Almost 18k on mine (with the 1.5L) and ZERO breakdowns, including a 5k roadtrip shortly after buying it. If you based everything on forum posts, you'll be paralyzed with fear. Cheers!
I agree, I loved my Bronco, I will love it if I can figure out how to bring it back to life. ten years from now this is where you will come to fix the little things that people have experience with, we should understand that those of us with one out of commission right now, the forums are the only place to turn to. I wish I spent time driving it around and not posting here.
Don't hold back, push it to see what it has got.
Sponsored