Made it. From Great Lakes to Badlands national park with the Bronco Sport Badlands

RM951

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport badlands
Did that trip with my little 4banger wrangler in the early 90s. Think I had the first round of square headlights. Back when the jeep wave was a thing. Even did a little off roading too. The bad lands was an awesome part of a road trip of a life time

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Anyone debating, the black hills are legit. SOOOOO much to see and do.
My problem is each time I’ve been through there it’s enough for a quick stop at Mt.Rushmore. I need to actually plan a trip there to see all there is to offer.

OP
OP
13MikeH

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My problem is each time I’ve been through there it’s enough for a quick stop at Mt.Rushmore. I need to actually plan a trip there to see all there is to offer.
Well here's motivation
1)MI>BADLANDS and spent the day hiking various trails, hot as hell but a lot of fun.
2)Crazy Horse memorial and museum along with Rushmore and Custer state park for the buffalo migration. Back to rushmore for the night lighting of the monument
3)Custer state park for the day, hiked several trails,.had a blast
4)Devils Tower WY because it was only an hour from Sturgis
5) Deadwood SD Lead SD and Spearfish SD rode stage coach, panned for gold, saw.corvette rally...so much going on you can plan more than a week. Set it aside it's a great trip. Rapids City was possibly more central as we.drove through nearly every day but the AirBnB in Sturgis was nice. Just do it

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I spent six years in the Black Hills in the early 1980s; Ellsworth AFB was my first duty assignment. I’ve spent time in every State in our great country, and there is no more beautiful land. Try to go early or late in the tourist season; it gets crowded. Avoid the Sturgis bike rally (some years upwards of half-a-million bikes show up), unless that’s your thing. Hiking Cathedral Spires, Black Elk Peak, and Little Devil’s Tower is not to be missed.
Ford Bronco Sport Made it. From Great Lakes to Badlands national park with the Bronco Sport Badlands 20220625_110453_Original

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Well here's motivation
1)MI>BADLANDS and spent the day hiking various trails, hot as hell but a lot of fun.
2)Crazy Horse memorial and museum along with Rushmore and Custer state park for the buffalo migration. Back to rushmore for the night lighting of the monument
3)Custer state park for the day, hiked several trails,.had a blast
4)Devils Tower WY because it was only an hour from Sturgis
5) Deadwood SD Lead SD and Spearfish SD rode stage coach, panned for gold, saw.corvette rally...so much going on you can plan more than a week. Set it aside it's a great trip. Rapids City was possibly more central as we.drove through nearly every day but the AirBnB in Sturgis was nice. Just do it
Thanks for awesome suggestions! Yeah I need to see all this. Devils Tower I did (the same trip I did Rushmore) & well worth it I agree.