WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
WTF!!!!!! Today all the sites say my car is recalled. What the hell is happening!!!!!!!!!!!! Goddammit!

Well my salesman is awesome and is in the process of procuring me the same vehicle from another dealer in the seattle area. This one was built in September so no lot rot. Only difference is ebony interior vs medium dark slate. I kind of liked the lighter color better but right now who knows when the other one will be ready and this one was built more recently.
Sponsored

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So now today the original one that was on hold for me is back to showing no recalls. Man this is crazy frustrating. So the other one he was getting for me does not have the tow package. He says they can do an install on the other one that will be exactly like factory. As near as I can tell that would include installing a different bumper and it seems like a big wiring job too. So I may end up having to make a choice. Lot rot June build that has medium slate interior with tow from the factory or a rig that was built last month with ebony interior and a dealer installed tow package. What would you guys do? I am in no hurry to have the tow installed so if it is a matter of waiting for parts I am ok. Earliest I would need to tow would be in the spring when we start visiting the cabin in the mountains. But I want to get it in writing that the install will be exactly as factory as I have seen some of the installs people have had done and some of them weren't great.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
So now today the original one that was on hold for me is back to showing no recalls. Man this is crazy frustrating. So the other one he was getting for me does not have the tow package. He says they can do an install on the other one that will be exactly like factory. As near as I can tell that would include installing a different bumper and it seems like a big wiring job too. So I may end up having to make a choice. Lot rot June build that has medium slate interior with tow from the factory or a rig that was built last month with ebony interior and a dealer installed tow package. What would you guys do? I am in no hurry to have the tow installed so if it is a matter of waiting for parts I am ok. Earliest I would need to tow would be in the spring when we start visiting the cabin in the mountains. But I want to get it in writing that the install will be exactly as factory as I have seen some of the installs people have had done and some of them weren't great.
I would stick with the original build since it has exactly what you wanted and installed at the factory. The ones that I have seen done using the factory receiver just cut the bumper and didn't replace it. If they do replace the bumper with one designed for the factory receiver, then that means that they also will have to paint it to match.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would stick with the original build since it has exactly what you wanted and installed at the factory. The ones that I have seen done using the factory receiver just cut the bumper and didn't replace it. If they do replace the bumper with one designed for the factory receiver, then that means that they also will have to paint it to match.
That is the way I am leaning, although the bumper on the bronco sport isn't painted. They are all black plastic so that isn't a worry. But to me, exactly like factory means replacing the bumper and not cutting it. He is going to check first thing tomorrow so if it is good to go hopefully the other one isn't on its way although I doubt they would have a problem selling it. It has been at the other dealer since the beginning of the month but hasn't sold because they have $3500 in ADM on it. My dealer is MSRP minus any incentives. The June one is going to need some good detailing to make it acceptable to me. There were quite a few spots that look like it may need some paint correction. I've got some Exoforma graphene coating to put on it right away so hopefully their detail guys are up to getting it ready.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is the way I am leaning, although the bumper on the bronco sport isn't painted. They are all black plastic so that isn't a worry. But to me, exactly like factory means replacing the bumper and not cutting it. He is going to check first thing tomorrow so if it is good to go hopefully the other one isn't on its way although I doubt they would have a problem selling it. It has been at the other dealer since the beginning of the month but hasn't sold because they have $3500 in ADM on it. My dealer is MSRP minus any incentives. The June one is going to need some good detailing to make it acceptable to me. There were quite a few spots that look like it may need some paint correction. I've got some Exoforma graphene coating to put on it right away so hopefully their detail guys are up to getting it ready.
I told my salesman that I would only take delivery during the day and only on a sunny to partly cloudy day. I advised him that I was going to be going over it with a fine tooth comb since it has been sitting for six months and I have been waiting for it for ten months. I also advised him that I am in no rush and my 2022MY is being built in January and the only reason that I am not leaving this one behind is because it is Rapid Red and the cost is near identical. Had they not discontinued the Rapid Red on the 2022MY it would have been a "no brainer" decision.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I told my salesman that I would only take delivery during the day and only on a sunny to partly cloudy day.
Good idea. My son prepped cars at dealer for 5 years when he was young. He always tells me never by a car on a cloudy or rainy day because you wont be able to see the flaws.

Several reports of water spots in paint on the June lot rots. But others have reported paint looks great. Prob varies vehicle to vehicle and how well dealer is able to clean prep car.

Once you pull it off the lot you are on your own.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So today my salesman tells me that his sales manager says their system still says open recall. I am beginning to think he doesn't know what he is doing (manager). How could their 'system' say that when Ford etis, Ford's own recall checker AND the NHTSA site all say zero recalls. My salesman is a good guy but this is really getting old.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So today my salesman tells me that his sales manager says their system still says open recall. I am beginning to think he doesn't know what he is doing (manager). How could their 'system' say that when Ford etis, Ford's own recall checker AND the NHTSA site all say zero recalls. My salesman is a good guy but this is really getting old.
So have them replace the already replaced part and let Ford tell them that they aren't getting paid for it since it was already completed by Ford. When they try and enter your VIN into the system that "they" fixed it, it will get kicked back by Ford and the dealership will have to eat the cost of everything.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So have them replace the already replaced part and let Ford tell them that they aren't getting paid for it since it was already completed by Ford. When they try and enter your VIN into the system that "they" fixed it, it will get kicked back by Ford and the dealership will have to eat the cost of everything.
At this point I don't even know if they have or even ordered the parts. They have 5 of them that are sold waiting for the recall to be resolved. I just don't understand that they don't seem motivated to get $150k worth of inventory out the door and off the books.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's an interesting twist. I called Ford customer service. They told me the recall was completed by the dealer on November 18th. So I don't know if that is the case or if it was still the plant issue and it was just updated and it shows the dealer did it because the car was on their lot. Either way I am very annoyed at this. I am hesitant to stir up too much shit because they are on the only dealer within 200 miles that is selling at MSRP. It feels like they sold it to someone else and are just blowing smoke because they are getting the other one from another dealer that does not have that tow package. I would be pissed if this was the case because I told my salesman that I was worried about that from the day I put the deposit down. However I would rather them be honest with me than stall with the whole 'our system shows it is still recalled' BS.

Edited to add: It turns out I did stir up a little shit. I emailed the sales manager asking about the recalled vehicle explaining what ford said. He responded that they don't have the vehicle (meaning the one my salesman is trying to get me from another dealer) so they couldn't have fixed it. I responded with the vin and the fact that I know it is/was there because I have pictures of it. My salesman texted me (which sucks because it is his day off) saying that he was trying to get the other one on the down low because now it looks like he is holding two vehicles for me which might piss off the other salesmen. He is a good guy and I've known him a long time so I tend to believe what he tells me. Right now it sounds like he hasn't been told what is truly going on with the original vehicle. I told him as much in a round about way. To me it feels like they sold the other one out from under me without my salesman knowing (I put a $500 deposit down and made them write the vin on the receipt). I looked around on the internet to see if there was a way to see if a new vehicle has actually been sold but had no luck so I just have to take whatever their word is.

He just texted me to come by tomorrow and get things going with my trade and stuff so maybe I will have it soon. At this point I don't know which one. I do like the idea of the newer one that hasn't been sitting for 4 months, but will have to have the dealer installed tow package. It also has the ebony interior vs the medium dark slate. I could go either way there but the darker is probably easier to keep clean.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He just texted me to come by tomorrow and get things going with my trade and stuff so maybe I will have it soon. At this point I don't know which one. I do like the idea of the newer one that hasn't been sitting for 4 months, but will have to have the dealer installed tow package. It also has the ebony interior vs the medium dark slate. I could go either way there but the darker is probably easier to keep clean.
So, if they have both of them on the lot (which at this point I would doubt), which one would you go with?

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, if they have both of them on the lot (which at this point I would doubt), which one would you go with?
Probably the newer one. I liked the idea of the factory tow package, but there were a few exterior issues on the rot lot one that I am not sure they would take care of to my satisfaction. The ebony interior was originally my first choice when I started looking so that is covered. I talked myself into wanting the medium slate since I felt like I couldn't be too picky. I am still going today to get everything finalized and I was told 'your bronco will be here tomorrow' so I am assuming it is the dealer trade and not the original one. That one is still a mystery. I don't want to accuse them of jerking me around but I think once the deal is finalized and I am ready to take it home I am going to ask for a straight answer on the original one. Since ford told me straight up that the recall was fixed, there is no reason they couldn't sell me that one unless they sold it to someone else. Maybe someone offered offer MSRP, I don't know. I wish there was an easy way to see if it was sold. It has been moved from where it was parked for the last few weeks along with the other ones that were waiting.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the deal is done and I pick it up tomorrow. It is the newer one from another dealer. What I got out of him is that they found something wrong with the other one and can't sell it. They didn't tell him in so many words but he said they told him there is a reason other than a recall that they cannot sell it at this time. I am fine with it. I like the ebony interior better and they are going to do the hitch install parts and labor for $500 at my convenience. Overall I am happy and will be much happier tomorrow when I finally pick it up.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the deal is done and I pick it up tomorrow. It is the newer one from another dealer. What I got out of him is that they found something wrong with the other one and can't sell it. They didn't tell him in so many words but he said they told him there is a reason other than a recall that they cannot sell it at this time. I am fine with it. I like the ebony interior better and they are going to do the hitch install parts and labor for $500 at my convenience. Overall I am happy and will be much happier tomorrow when I finally pick it up.
Just wondering if it is like you said and the reason that they can't sell it to you at this time is that they sold it to someone else. At least you will be happy with your "newer" ride. :clap:

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally picked it up last night. The dealer they got it from hadn't even removed ANY of the tape on the outside or any of the plastic on the inside which is awesome. I really love it. Drives and handles great, feels plenty powerful and it is just so cool looking. Super happy to finally have it. Used my ford pass points that are coming to get the mud guards and the hood deflector. Got some Pioneer speakers ordered to replace the craptacular factory ones. Going to probably have the hitch installed over Christmas break as my wife is a teacher and will be home so I can drive her car if it takes them a day or two.
Sponsored