Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
It seems that the Ford Hermosillo plant dropped the ball on the FDM recall. It appears that a lot of the Bronco Sports from the June build that finally received the RCM chip also received the FDM recall part. The major problem with that is, they never documented the fact that the recall work had actually been done before shipping the units out. On 11/19 Ford sent a notice to its dealers that the work had already actually been done. I checked with ETIS and the NHTSA web site yesterday and indeed, the recall notice was shown as being completed. I received a phone call today from my salesman and he confirmed that he had indeed received the notice from Ford and that the recall had been done. Had it been documented at the factory, I would have been able to take delivery on 10/25. They are now prepping my Rapid Red BS BL for me to take delivery. Unfortunately with the Thanksgiving holiday this week I had to tell him delivery will have to wait until next week. I have waited since early March for it so waiting another week isn't going to kill me. On another note, my 2022MY Cyber Orange BS BL is scheduled for production on 01/24. We will see how long it takes before that one is delivered.

So if yours is one of the BS units waiting for the FDM recall to be completed, check with your dealer and see if yours is one of the ones that was completed but never correctly documented.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
It seems that the Ford Hermosillo plant dropped the ball on the FDM recall. It seems that a lot of the Bronco Sports from the June build that finally received the RCM chip also received the FDM recall part. The major problem with that is, they never documented the fact that the recall work had actually been done before shipping the units out. On 11/19 Ford sent a notice to its dealers with a notice that the work had already actually been done. I checked with ETIS and the NHTSA web site yesterday and indeed, the recall notice was shown as being completed. I received a phone call today from my salesman and he confirmed that he had indeed received the notice from Ford and that the recall had been done. Had it been documented at the factory, I would have been able to take delivery on 10/25. They are now prepping my Rapid Red BS BL for me to take delivery. Unfortunately with the Thanksgiving holiday this week I had to tell him delivery will have to wait until next week. I have waited since early March for it so waiting another week isn't going to kill me. On another note, my 2022MY Cyber Orange BS BL is schedule for production on 01/24. We will see how long it takes before that one is delivered.

So if yours is one of the BS units waiting for the FDM recall to be completed, check with your dealer and see if yours is one of the ones that was completed but never correctly documented.
Well this explains a lot. I drove by my dealer on Sunday afternoon and my Bronco Sport was parked in the exact same spot as it had been when it first arrived. Like I could tell it hadn't been moved. Then Monday morning the recall is suddenly gone. Clearly they didn't fix it Sunday night.

Kpie819

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That makes sense, my window sticker updated on 11/18 and the recalls were gone. My dealership is still saying it hasn't been completed.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That makes sense, my window sticker updated on 11/18 and the recalls were gone. My dealership is still saying it hasn't been completed.
I sent a screenshot of the post to my salesman. They are checking into it. He says they are being cautious since selling a vehicle with a recall is a big no no. However clearly yours does not know what is going on. I think they may be telling you that it is not fixed because THEY haven't fixed it. But they don't have to because it was already fixed at the factory and it was a clerical error. If the ford site, NHTSA site and ETIS says no recalls then it is done. There is no way it would be ok for ford to show no recalls on a vehicle that has an active recall.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sent a screenshot of the post to my salesman. They are checking into it. He says they are being cautious since selling a vehicle with a recall is a big no no. However clearly yours does not know what is going on. I think they may be telling you that it is not fixed because THEY haven't fixed it. But they don't have to because it was already fixed at the factory and it was a clerical error. If the ford site, NHTSA site and ETIS says no recalls then it is done. There is no way it would be ok for ford to show no recalls on a vehicle that has an active recall.
The recall was cleared on the Ford Etis website, the NHTSA website, and in the VINCENT program that your salesman has access to. My salesman checked all three and it was clear in all three - in addition to the notice that he received directly from Ford. Have your salesman check in the VINCENT program.

jenpark1

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I had given up on my first BS/BL because I found and purchased one a little further away, but I have still been checking on it. It seems to be this same scenario. Was delivered 11/5 to dealer showing FDM recall not complete yet. Today shows is not awaiting recall. Someone else will be a happy owner soon!

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The recall was cleared on the Ford Etis website, the NHTSA website, and in the VINCENT program that your salesman has access to. My salesman checked all three and it was clear in all three - in addition to the notice that he received directly from Ford. Have your salesman check in the VINCENT program.
Right now it just seems like the dealership is real busy and the sales manager just isn't getting back to my salesman. Hoping I will hear from him within the next couple of hours so I can head over after work.

Kpie819

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mine finally looked into it based off this screen shot, I pick up my bronco tonight. She said they had 5 others same scenario.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine finally looked into it based off this screen shot, I pick up my bronco tonight. She said they had 5 others same scenario.
Glad that you and the rest of the bunch that are still waiting there will finally be getting your new rides. Glad I could be of assistance with you finally getting your BS/OB.

Gilstein21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Picked mine up today. It was scheduled to have the fdm fixed today, but it was clear on nhsta site yesterday.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh. My salesman is telling me that his sales manager is telling him that their system is still showing not fixed. He agrees with me that if Fords, NHTSA and etis shows it is no longer recalled then their system should reflect it too. I am beginning to think this guy doesn't really know what he is doing (SM, not my salesman. He is awesome and a friend). My salesman really wants to get my Bronco out because of an end of month bonus, plus he already has someone interested in my Ranger (lariat, 11k miles, excellent condition) that will be an easy sale. Really hoping to be able to get it done tomorrow.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh. My salesman is telling me that his sales manager is telling him that their system is still showing not fixed. He agrees with me that if Fords, NHTSA and etis shows it is no longer recalled then their system should reflect it too. I am beginning to think this guy doesn't really know what he is doing (SM, not my salesman. He is awesome and a friend). My salesman really wants to get my Bronco out because of an end of month bonus, plus he already has someone interested in my Ranger (lariat, 11k miles, excellent condition) that will be an easy sale. Really hoping to be able to get it done tomorrow.
The only system that really matters, in the grand scheme of things, is the NHTSA website. If that isn't showing that your BS has a recall, then your vehicle is good to go and there isn't anything that the government can do to say otherwise. What system of theirs is saying that it isn't fixed? If they have any questions then maybe they should call Ford directly. Sounds like the sales manager doesn't like being told that they aren't on the ball and they are sitting on BS units that were repaired long ago and are just sitting because of a clerical hiccup in Mexico. Once I told my sales rep about the recall being gone, he immediately found the documentation that I described and immediately started prepping mine and one other BS that had also come in at the same time, and he thanked me for advising him of it all.

Last edited:

Kpie819

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The only system that really matters, in the grand scheme of things, is the NHTSA website. If that isn't showing that you BS has a recall, then your vehicle is good to go and there isn't anything that the government can do to say otherwise. What system of theirs is saying that it isn't fixed? If they have any questions then maybe they should call Ford directly. Sounds like the sales manager doesn't like being told that they aren't on the ball and they are sitting on BS units that were repaired long ago and are just sitting because of a clerical hiccup in Mexico. Once I told my sales rep about the recall being gone, he immediately found the documentation that I described and immediately started prepping mine and one other BS that had also come in at the same time, and he thanked me for advising him of it all.
Same with mine, she said they had no idea. It was being cleaned and gassed up for pick up tomorrow night after I get off work.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only system that really matters, in the grand scheme of things, is the NHTSA website. If that isn't showing that you BS has a recall, then your vehicle is good to go and there isn't anything that the government can do to say otherwise. What system of theirs is saying that it isn't fixed? If they have any questions then maybe they should call Ford directly. Sounds like the sales manager doesn't like being told that they aren't on the ball and they are sitting on BS units that were repaired long ago and are just sitting because of a clerical hiccup in Mexico. Once I told my sales rep about the recall being gone, he immediately found the documentation that I described and immediately started prepping mine and one other BS that had also come in at the same time, and he thanked me for advising him of it all.
Didn't really ask for elaboration on the 'system'. I've been trying to not bother my salesman too much but today I have been pushing him. I pointed out the same thing you did. The NHTSA website is what matters because if it says no recalls there is no way they can get in trouble for selling that vehicle. This isn't just a case of 'I read it on the internet' which is what I told him to tell the sales manager. Every time I have gone to visit my car and talk to my salesman, it seems a little chaotic there. Always lots of vehicles lined up in their 'sold' row so volumes seem quite high. I think the sales manager is newly promoted too, so that may not help things. I am closing up my shop early tomorrow for an early start on the holiday so I may just go on over there and maybe have the sales manager give ME an explanation.

Last edited:

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTF!!!!!! Today all the sites say my car is recalled. What the hell is happening!!!!!!!!!!!! Goddammit!
Sponsored