bronctimus

Badlands
First Name
optimus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Completed a road trip starting and ending in Philadelphia with Shadow Black Badlands. Mileage on the vehicle is about 12,900 and the trip itself was about 10,000 miles. The route was Philadelphia - Chicago - Minneapolis - Badlands, SD - Jackson, WY - Glacier NP, MT - Seattle - San Fran - LA - UT - CO - KS - MO - PA.

Although the trip was from end of June till this past weekend a majority of the driving was done consistently, one week from Philly to Seattle, one week LA back to Philly; depending on towns, filling up the tank regular was anywhere from $45-$60 (300 miles or so).

The car handled well and had no issues or concerns when actually driving even with the Yakima Skybox and a fully packed vehicle with a year old, 50lb Goldendoodle in the back seat (rear passanger seat down for additional storage; worked remotely so had monitors and laptops with camping gear as well). Only exterior issues was a cracked windshield from a truck kicking up a rock which was repaired by a mobile service. Was hit in the rear bumper while i was in a parked position but caused most damage to the driver that hit me. I did get the car serviced once in Santa Monica, where i posted before that they switched out the white lettering for black lettering.

see pics below, let me know if u guys have questions but i really had a great time driving and was impressed with the Bronco itself, it was smooth and saw parts of the country that were incredible:

Ford Bronco Sport Cross-Country Road Trip Completed in Badlands Bronco Sport IMG_2227

Ford Bronco Sport Cross-Country Road Trip Completed in Badlands Bronco Sport IMG_3245

Ford Bronco Sport Cross-Country Road Trip Completed in Badlands Bronco Sport IMG_3787

Ford Bronco Sport Cross-Country Road Trip Completed in Badlands Bronco Sport IMG_3845

Ford Bronco Sport Cross-Country Road Trip Completed in Badlands Bronco Sport IMG_3865

Ford Bronco Sport Cross-Country Road Trip Completed in Badlands Bronco Sport IMG_4291

Ford Bronco Sport Cross-Country Road Trip Completed in Badlands Bronco Sport IMG_4298
Sponsored

GreatMV

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
What an awesome trip! Good to hear the BS held up!
How was the comfort with the the driving of major legs?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
bronco sport is a great, comfortable vehicle on long road trips. your trip sounds awesome!!!

ODucksfan17

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB
Awesome. It would be great if more Americans actually went out and visited the rest of our beautiful country.
You can say that again. It's actually pretty amazing how much stuff there is to see in our country. It always baffles me when I visit some National Parks and most of the people I see are European and Asian tourists. I always wonder why aren't Americans visiting these places in their own backyards.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sounds like a great trip!

My wife and I did Ohio to Yellowstone and back in a mustang a few years ago. It was a blast.

I saw you went to Glacier. That’s probably my favorite park I’ve been to.

OP
OP

bronctimus

Badlands
First Name
optimus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Awesome. It would be great if more Americans actually went out and visited the rest of our beautiful country.
Agreed i
What an awesome trip! Good to hear the BS held up!
How was the comfort with the the driving of major legs?
Longest leg was about 10 hours with some days of only 5-7 hrs of driving. With having to fill up and eat or walk the dog, it wasn’t overly uncomfortable. Typica soreness but was never so severe I was bothered. I’m 5’ 10”

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
What an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
You can say that again. It's actually pretty amazing how much stuff there is to see in our country. It always baffles me when I visit some National Parks and most of the people I see are European and Asian tourists. I always wonder why aren't Americans visiting these places in their own backyards.
At the risk of being a pessimist; probably because they are pinned down by work constraints or money issues. We have a lot of incredible National Parks, but getting to many of them is neither easy nor cheap. There are also a lot of great not-National Park places to go that have less crowds and less expense. It's probably the same over there. Tons of foreign tourists go to Nijo Castle and I bet people of Kyoto rarely visit.
Sponsored