Bold Tracey

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Buick
Hi Bold Tracey, thank you for the quick response. What is a Visibility Report? Is this something I can request from Dealer? I saw the Tracker link but when I put VIN in it it says cannot find VIN. On the Ford website, under Support & Service it pulls up a picture of my vehicle. So the website accepted the VIN but not much else came up.
Dealer has and can get visibility report. Whether they choose to Share All that info --- depends on dealer via all info on these forums!!
Sponsored

CD27

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Jeep Wrangler, Ford Ranger
My April order is now sitting here in Illinois on a rail car, the dealer is expecting it within the next couple weeks. Sadly, reading all the paranoid posts here persuaded me cancel my order and get something else. But now my girlfriend wants it and the dealer left the order under my name. :like:

JessP09

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Same boat with my dealership. They either do not want to , or Do Not Know how to get me railcar #. They have had a few days- crickets!! Since I let them know it was coming. Wish there was another way to get that info?
Just got an email from my dealer that mine is passing thru Herington, KS and is due to be here around the 30th. The wait knowing it’s on the way here is painful.

BroncoMT

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maxda3
I have a VIN, I have a window sticker, and I have this update See attached Picture. What I don’t have is a BS? September 7 has come and gone. Dealer is not being helpful at all. Almost feel like I am bothering them. Can anyone give me reason for optimism? After reading this thread, it sounds like Dealers have done some shady stuff. i didn’t just put down a deposit. I paid for my Bronco Sport in full. Now I feel stupid. I heard some mention of a tracker. How do I access the tracker? Any other suggestions or advice is welcome.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 7A46EA27-6524-4D4B-B1E4-1187DE79657D
I also paid mine in full on Monday so I can go in, get it, and drop it off for some ppf when it arrives. This is the only reason I can think of of why I can no longer track it through the Ford tracker, because it has been "tagged" as a sold vehicle. Maybe. Anyway, got a text from my dealership saying it had arrived. Off to drive 5 hours next week to pick it up. Lol.

If you paid for it in full, you definitely should press them for updates. But be optimistic, it's moving. It just lacks transparency from Ford of where it is exactly.

Last edited:

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
Hi all! I saw a few people wondering about information….

Ask your salesperson to get the railcar number from the dealers "Vehicle Visibility Report". If they say they have “no idea what you are talking about“, politely make them hand you over to someone that knows what they’re doing. If they can tell where it is at, then I do not see how they cannot find the railcar #…

Once you get the number, (for example, mine was NKCR007467) You have to call the railroad and use their automated phone system, as there is no website that I know of, that tracks the railcar. Since the railcar should stay the same, you can use either UP or CSX to track it.

I had a hard time getting UP to understand what I was saying, so I used CSX to track it from the factory to the the CSX rail yard in Lordstown, OH.

CSX: 800-235-2352 (Say "Location" and follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

Union Pacific: 800-877-5123 (Choose Option 1 for English, say "Trace" when asked for a response, then follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

I used the Aberdeen Carolina & Western Railway website to track the progress.

https://www.acwr.com/economic-development/rail-maps/class-i-freight-carriers

The Railway from the plant to Tuson was via Ferromex, http://www.ferromex.com.mx/index-eng.jsp

So using the CSX tracking, I was able to follow it when Ferromex, Union Pacific, and then CSX was hauling it.

Hope this helps!

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Latest Update:

02-08-2021: Ordered Area 51, Ebony/Brown, OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg.
05-10-2021: Scheduled Production date.
05-17-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
06-07-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
06-28-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
07-05-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
08-09-2021: Rescheduled Production date.

08-23-2021: Rescheduled Production date.
08-16-2021: Status changed from Scheduled to In Production! Window Sticker Generated.
08-23-2021: Status changed from In Production to Built.
08-25-2021: Left the plant for its voyage to my driveway!
09-08-2021: Arrived at the Lordstown rail yard before 0700.
09-09-2021: Railcar Unloaded and moved to rail yard @ 1440.
09-10-2021: Waiting on palsapp.
09-11-2021: Waiting on palsapp.
09-12-2021: Waiting on palsapp.

09-13-2021: Waiting on palsapp to haul it 33.7 miles from the CSX yard to Klaben Ford in Kent, OH.

Then 9.4 miles more to It’s new home! ?

Still hoping for the best for all of those patiently waiting on the Desert lot to empty!

Last edited:

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Bold Tracey, thank you for the quick response. What is a Visibility Report? Is this something I can request from Dealer? I saw the Tracker link but when I put VIN in it it says cannot find VIN. On the Ford website, under Support & Service it pulls up a picture of my vehicle. So the website accepted the VIN but not much else came up.
Hi. In case you were not aware, You need the VIN and the order number for the tracker to work.

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

@5GKennyG

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi all! I saw a few people wondering about information….

Ask your salesperson to get the railcar number from the dealers "Vehicle Visibility Report". If they say they have “no idea what you are talking about“, politely make them hand you over to someone that knows what they’re doing. If they can tell where it is at, then I do not see how they cannot find the railcar #…

Once you get the number, (for example, mine was NKCR007467) You have to call the railroad and use their automated phone system, as there is no website that I know of, that tracks the railcar. Since the railcar should stay the same, you can use either UP or CSX to track it.

I had a hard time getting UP to understand what I was saying, so I used CSX to track it from the factory to the the CSX rail yard in Lordstown, OH.

CSX: 800-235-2352 (Say "Location" and follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

Union Pacific: 800-877-5123 (Choose Option 1 for English, say "Trace" when asked for a response, then follow the prompts to enter your railcar number)

I used the Aberdeen Carolina & Western Railway website to track the progress.

https://www.acwr.com/economic-development/rail-maps/class-i-freight-carriers

The Railway from the plant to Tuson was via Ferromex, http://www.ferromex.com.mx/index-eng.jsp

So using the CSX tracking, I was able to follow it when Ferromex, Union Pacific, and then CSX was hauling it.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for this info.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
How do I find the order #?
Your sales person should be able to provide you with that. *If* he/she placed it on a known date then my understanding that becomes your order number. For instance, after confirming my order, my sales guy submitted it the same day on February 17th. My order date became 0217. HTH.

@5GKennyG

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Your sales person should be able to provide you with that. *If* he/she placed it on a known date then my understanding that becomes your order number. For instance, after confirming my order, my sales guy submitted it the same day on February 17th. My order date became 0217. HTH.
Thank you!

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
How do I find the order #?
It's on the window sticker, at the bottom there is a block that says item#. There should be two numbers , a dash , the order number is the 4 numbers after the dash. In the photo 0521 is the order number. Like SM05 said, it's the day the dealer placed the order.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room IMG_20210912_1217330

Last edited: