Offroad Travels

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sport
Badlands Shadow Black, owned since January (just broke 18k miles, most of which offroad) Here's our build, feel free to follow our adventures on Instagram (@Outbound Exploration)?

We host trailmeetups and trail drives in Southern CA, and Utah. Hope to meet y'all soon!

Tires: 225/65/17 - Yokohama Geolanders (we will bump up to 235/75s in the future as our good buddies at Opt. Offroad are working on a solution to fit 31s with actual offroading ability)

Wheels: Method Mr502 Rallys in Black Matte

Rack: YuccaMFG (SoCal, family owned business specifically for the Bronco Sport) works beautifully with our setup and has great accessories!

Traction Board Mount: Yakima Track Mounts (Tslots) for our Leadtrack Traction Boards.

Awning: ARB 4ft brown. Currently looking at upgrading to the 23zero 180r awning for wider protection/cover.

Storage Box mounted on rack: Pelican V730 (have all of our recovery gear in it)

Thanks for checking out our simple build that has worked with our offroading needs?

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210307_153934(0)

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210307_131542

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210307_131812

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210313_112927

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210312_133234

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210528_134525

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210528_120248

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210528_165637

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210807_164237

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210807_192025

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210529_091326

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210828_165318

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210828_165607
Sponsored

Last edited:

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Wonderful pictures!
One thing I wish we had here is the national forest system that you guys have where you can go explore in trucks. That looks super nice.
Please pardon the question, but by off road do you mean off pavement or full on tracks? I have heard many people refer to gravel roads as “off road” which puzzles me. Just curious!

OP
OP
Offroad Travels

Offroad Travels

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wonderful pictures!
One thing I wish we had here is the national forest system that you guys have where you can go explore in trucks. That looks super nice.
Please pardon the question, but by off road do you mean off pavement or full on tracks? I have heard many people refer to gravel roads as “off road” which puzzles me. Just curious!

Thank you! We know a few owners in your area and they say the same thing so we feel your pain! There are a few clubs up there keeping your public lands open so hopefully you can still explore those areas!

My partner wheels, I spend all the time navigating and in Gaia GPS! I download a bunch of public tracks but also trails from the "Trails Offroad" crew hitting a mixture of designated trails and those marked by others. Been yelled at by Tacomas, "OG Broncos", Jeeps and others when they see us on the same trail they're on?

The trails we set out on typically greet you with a "proceed at your own risk" sign or with the actual trail markers/ trail heads. ? if that helps with the distinction haha

OP
OP
Offroad Travels

Offroad Travels

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! My uncle had worked for pelican for years. Great gear.
Thank you!!

Wow! That must have been a great experience, we got lucky and stumbled upon their last Vault Case at Rack Attack and we snagged it. Great quality and exactly what we needed to mount on our rack for our gear. ?

OP
OP
Offroad Travels

Offroad Travels

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wonderful pictures!

Oh forgot to add, we went to SwingArm City and hit the big arm.. I got to 35° tilt and limp mode engaged shortly after haha my partner was not happy since we had another 100 miles offroad to go before headed home. These little ? can do some work!

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Oh forgot to add, we went to SwingArm City and hit the big arm.. I got to 35° tilt and limp mode engaged shortly after haha my partner was not happy since we had another 100 miles offroad to go before headed home. These little ? can do some work!
Excellent!
Glad to hear that (about the trails I mean - limp mode eek!). So many people for some weird reason think off road means off pavement when it actually doesn’t. ?

Am I correct in assuming that it calmed down and excited limp mode when everything cooled off?

OP
OP
Offroad Travels

Offroad Travels

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excellent!
Glad to hear that (about the trails I mean - limp mode eek!). So many people for some weird reason think off road means off pavement when it actually doesn’t. ?

Am I correct in assuming that it calmed down and excited limp mode when everything cooled off?
No worries! We try to get owners out there and learn more about their rigs ?

Yeah the next morning it was still showing the warning lights but after driving for about 30 mins or so it went back to normal. No issues after that. we went to the dealer for a routine oil change and everything was healthy!

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
Empty rack, exploring the trail to Red Cloud Mine near the Bradshaw Trail. (Pre upgrades we have now)

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210613_151901

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210613_144323

Ford Bronco Sport @Outbound Exploration Bronco Sport Build & Trail Pics 20210613_145912
Do you mind me asking how much the swing-out, hitch-mounted spare tire carrier costed you guys? I would love to buy one in the near future.

aryus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Very cool build. I'm sad Yucca has stopped making their awesome roof rack. Exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully a similar bolt-on rack comes along.

And definitely looking forward to any meetups in southern UT or near Vegas.

OP
OP
Offroad Travels

Offroad Travels

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mind me asking how much the swing-out, hitch-mounted spare tire carrier costed you guys? I would love to buy one in the near future.
We spec'd ours out with additional accessories so it will most likely be a bit higher than what you might order. Let me find out PO and can share it here! I would recommend when you're ready to purchase, reach out to [email protected] and let them know we sent you as they're looking to do something special for those connected to us/our Sport Owners! (You might get an even better deal than us?)

Very cool build. I'm sad Yucca has stopped making their awesome roof rack. Exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully a similar bolt-on rack comes along.

And definitely looking forward to any meetups in southern UT or near Vegas.
Thank you! Couldn't agree more, we know the owner and he put a lot of passion into making this for us Sport owners. Frankly the first 3rd party vendor (minus the big brands) to put something out for the sport!

Awesome! I'll be sure to post here too, I typically get hit with 8-12 owners wanting to do something so it gets a bit much to manage? We would love to do a long journey cross state offroad but need folks who want to do it.

Do you have a link regarding trail meetups?
No official links just yet. I've just created a running list of those interested in joining and so far I'm close to 20 folks about 15 of which own sports! I'll be sure to post here when we plan our next one. We typically like to scout the trail before taking anyone so we can let everyone know what toe expect and how the rig will perform!

Jwoodroff

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2020 F150 Lariat
Awesome photos. Do you happen to have any of the Method MR502's in action? I currently have Methods on my F150 and am planning to order them again when the BS arrives.

OP
OP
Offroad Travels

Offroad Travels

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome photos. Do you happen to have any of the Method MR502's in action? I currently have Methods on my F150 and am planning to order them again when the BS arrives.

Have a trip to Great Basin NP tomorrow till Monday and we plan to hit the offroad trails nearby and may work our way into Southern Utah. I will definitely share content here! ? The look and finish is just beautiful, you won't be disappointed!
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Folkman Photos, Videos, Build Journals 9