GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
hello. so i'm looking at an un-optioned (except for bigger tires) badlands. now i want to be completely clear here, in the badlands can you disable traction control completely such that the engine will not cut power nor will individual brakes engage to stop wheels from spinning? and for clarity, the reason is, the last thing you want to happen when negotiating even short distances in deep snow (especially on an incline) is to stop the wheels from spinning. you only want to stop wheels from spinning when you begin to dig a hole so to speak and when that happens you're done anyway.

and i'm referencing traction control separately from stability control (ie the system stops the tail from kicking out) which is fun to disable too :)

thanks.
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, you can turn off traction control.
The owners manual also references situations (mud or snow) where you may want to turn off the traction control to allow the wheels to spin.

OP
OP

GrueBronco

Badlands
First Name
s.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want Badlands
alright awesome.

there's a few things that befuddle me. one of them is that there are a lot of youtube reviewers that are always in some rediculous test situation and say "i'm not touching anything it's all in default modes" and i'm like dude, you'd never try that!

although, i have seen them where rock crawl and mud-ruts do show impressive sophistication. but then i started wondering after another video (from ford maybe?) that never used the word "disable" traction control but rather "limit" it or some word to that affect. so maybe ultimately it is still there but as you approach redline or something it will kick in?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i generally turn it off if im doing any type of off the highway driving. the bronco sport is smart, it will figure it out.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
hello. so i'm looking at an un-optioned (except for bigger tires) badlands. now i want to be completely clear here, in the badlands can you disable traction control completely such that the engine will not cut power nor will individual brakes engage to stop wheels from spinning? and for clarity, the reason is, the last thing you want to happen when negotiating even short distances in deep snow (especially on an incline) is to stop the wheels from spinning. you only want to stop wheels from spinning when you begin to dig a hole so to speak and when that happens you're done anyway.

and i'm referencing traction control separately from stability control (ie the system stops the tail from kicking out) which is fun to disable too :)

thanks.
Yes. The traction control can be turned off/on with a button on the lower left of the GOAT control. It can be identified by a vehicle with wavy lines behind it. There is no light in the button, but a message will appear on the instrument panel when pressed, showing off/on.
Sponsored