BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
honestly if you aren't terribly picky and have a list of MUST haves and what you can sacrifice...there are more and more on the lots. look around you'd be surprised.
Agreed. I had a long list of 'nice to have' options (tow pkg, 235 tires, CMS, badlands option package on top of the badlands trim, etc) but really just two 'must haves' (it had to be badlands trim, and either brown, red or alto blue). My dealer came through, once we figured that out. I'm glad it all worked out!

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
My friend ordered hers via the dealer and they never, ever called. She kept checking and they were pushing it off. Turns out it was sold to someone else before the dealer ever called her. She is still mad as hell and bought a Lincoln.

Mine was just delivered so I will be calling at 9 and leaving work to prevent that from happening with all the fun I have had.

BSB75

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands CO
My friend ordered hers via the dealer and they never, ever called. She kept checking and they were pushing it off. Turns out it was sold to someone else before the dealer ever called her. She is still mad as hell and bought a Lincoln.

Mine was just delivered so I will be calling at 9 and leaving work to prevent that from happening with all the fun I have had.
Did she report that to Ford Corporate as her name is attached to that VIN? I would imagine that Ford Corporate would be pretty mad if that is how its dealers are treating customers. That's definitely not a good look and pretty scary. Especially for us that have orders and can no longer track shipment to dealers. Do we now have to hide in the bushes everyday waiting for our vehicles to show up for fear of being sold out from underneath us LOL.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah I think we need to camp out at dealer so when car carrier arrives the crooks cant sell to highest bidder or their buddies.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Yeah I think we need to camp out at dealer so when car carrier arrives the crooks cant sell to highest bidder or their buddies.
If you already have a deposit down you don't have to. Paranoia is hilarious... If you have an email from Ford assigning you a VIN then you really do not have anything to worry about.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have been looking at the BS for quite a while, three weeks ago, we had our internet go out at home and I hate using my slow cellular provider to search the net on my phone. I typically check one dealer I've done business with on their BS inventory, they have had 3 base models on the lot for a long time and others "in transit". So the next morning (Saturday) when the internet came back up, I searched their site, there it was, an AREA 51 BS BB had been added to the site. I texted my salesman and asked if it was there, he said yes, but people are looking at it, typical "get down here quick or it may be gone". I got ready, jumped in my Ranger and had a good 40+ minute drive in front of me, I'm in the Dallas area. I get to the dealer, they're busy, but there it was parked right up front, I test drove it, had them work a deal for my Ranger and a couple hours later I was driving home in my new BS BB. I guess I got lucky, I don't know.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger/2012 Miata
I have been looking at the BS for quite a while, three weeks ago, we had our internet go out at home and I hate using my slow cellular provider to search the net on my phone. I typically check one dealer I've done business with on their BS inventory, they have had 3 base models on the lot for a long time and others "in transit". So the next morning (Saturday) when the internet came back up, I searched their site, there it was, an AREA 51 BS BB had been added to the site. I texted my salesman and asked if it was there, he said yes, but people are looking at it, typical "get down here quick or it may be gone". I got ready, jumped in my Ranger and had a good 40+ minute drive in front of me, I'm in the Dallas area. I get to the dealer, they're busy, but there it was parked right up front, I test drove it, had them work a deal for my Ranger and a couple hours later I was driving home in my new BS BB. I guess I got lucky, I don't know.
What year Ranger? I have a 2019 and just curious how you compare the two. Thanks.

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Did she report that to Ford Corporate as her name is attached to that VIN? I would imagine that Ford Corporate would be pretty mad if that is how its dealers are treating customers. That's definitely not a good look and pretty scary. Especially for us that have orders and can no longer track shipment to dealers. Do we now have to hide in the bushes everyday waiting for our vehicles to show up for fear of being sold out from underneath us LOL.
We both ordered "dealer stock" because she was assured it would be there and it was fine and I was told it was faster than the online reservation. Hers may not have had her name attached but because I have raised holy hell with some ordering "slips" my guy has done, my name is basically emblazoned on all her paperwork and possibly under the back bronco writing. (Let's just say, I had to call Ford directly and that didn't go over well.....)

As for her reporting, I will suggest that. She was so angry that she went to a different dealer and bought bougie little Lincoln.

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
If you already have a deposit down you don't have to. Paranoia is hilarious... If you have an email from Ford assigning you a VIN then you really do not have anything to worry about.
Not all of us did that. We "trusted" the dealers to order them and mine refused money down, which ticked me off

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
No deposit dealer said they did not need one. But I do get the emails about production rescheduling ect directly from Ford. So it is in the system as a customer ordered vehicle with my email as the customer.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
No deposit dealer said they did not need one. But I do get the emails about production rescheduling ect directly from Ford. So it is in the system as a customer ordered vehicle with my email as the customer.
You should be safe. I would not worry.

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
When I ordered online I asked the dealer to send me confirmation of the order with pricing. I also asked him to confirm x plan pricing and provide that on the order. He did so and this is what was sent to me. Same day with order number that I have used since to track my order. I talked with 3 dealers and none would go below MSRP. So best I could do was x-plan pricing.

Ford Bronco Sport Buying Out From Under You? 1621011019486

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
When I ordered online I asked the dealer to send me confirmation of the order with pricing. I also asked him to confirm x plan pricing and provide that on the order. He did so and this is what was sent to me.
I got the exact some thing sent to me by my dealer which allowed me to confirm options. First try they left off the 235 AT tire option but they quickly fixed that and resent.

kskr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, Bronco Sport
When I ordered online I asked the dealer to send me confirmation of the order with pricing. I also asked him to confirm x plan pricing and provide that on the order. He did so and this is what was sent to me. Same day with order number that I have used since to track my order. I talked with 3 dealers and none would go below MSRP. So best I could do was x-plan pricing.

Ford Bronco Sport Buying Out From Under You? 1621011019486
Almost identical to the one I bought yesterday. Traded a 2020 f150 limited.
Sponsored