Where's My Indiana Hoosiers?

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regal GS
? I'm James, and I'm located in Fort Wayne! Just placed an order for an Outer Banks with the CoPilot 360 Assist on 2/19! I work for the dealer group I ordered it from but not for our Ford store. I've always been at one of our GM stores, currently Cadillac. I've owned over twenty vehicles in the past ten years and this BS will be my first Ford. And I have to say I've not been caught off guard by any of them like I was the BS!

Buying a BS was an accident. Our Ford store sent a Base BS to our Cadillac store for a customer to test drive. A couple hours into the day I noticed it for the first time outside our showroom window. This was the first time I've seen one in person(saw a few pics online in passing but nothing caught my eye). The frontend drew me in and the drive completely sold me. I've never driven anything like this. It has such a fun factor to it. The 1.5L was surprisingly spunky, smooth, and had a unique note to it. Inside it felt big, but it drove small. I spent the next two days putting it through its paces in town and the interstate. It can hold its own in highway traffic and it zips up to speed nicely in town which is where I am 95% of the time given my 4 mile commute to the dealership. The Base model was adequate but I really desired a more refined interior/exterior so I landed on the OB.

Danggg I'm EXCITED!! Come on May! Who else is with me?!!! :rockon:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Not from Indiana, a couple of sates over though. Welcome, congrats on your order! I can relate with the first drive experience. Driving it is just fun, and ultimately what sold me. I intentionally take roads out of my way just to enjoy the drive more. The small size is great, makes it feel very sporty and agile, looking out over the hood reminds me of my f150 and I agree the interior doesn't seem small either. Hopefully yours comes sooner than later!

OP
OP
FourthStreetOB
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regal GS
Not from Indiana, a couple of sates over though. Welcome, congrats on your order! I can relate with the first drive experience. Driving it is just fun, and ultimately what sold me. I intentionally take roads out of my way just to enjoy the drive more. The small size is great, makes it feel very sporty and agile, looking out over the hood reminds me of my f150 and I agree the interior doesn't seem small either. Hopefully yours comes sooner than later!
What state?? It felt like I was looking down the hood of truck for sure! But like you said felt light and agile. Just a blast!

She’s capable and ready for our Midwest winters and a great daily. That’s what I like!

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
What state?? It felt like I was looking down the hood of truck for sure! But like you said felt light and agile. Just a blast!

She’s capable and ready for our Midwest winters and a great daily. That’s what I like!
Kansas. Located in the SW corner town of Hugoton.

Allusium7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV, Sports Car
If anyone is looking for a BL Area 51 there’s one on the loose on the north side of Indy. This beauty has been on the lot for a week, after being rejected by she who ordered it. (Not me) Someone snatch it up!!! I decided to wait for another color. :)

Allusium7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV, Sports Car
From Indy as well, down here on the SW corner.

I happened to see another BS on Kentucky yesterday, it was black like mine, but either OB or BB, not a BL.

I had some fun in the snow :)
Which dealer did you use?

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Which dealer did you use?
I did not order mine. I was in the market for a new vehicle before I knew they were out in the wild. I went to every Ford dealer around Indy without any luck. There were a few Base models available, but I wanted a BL.

I was at RaySkillman in Greenwood and they had 2 BLs that were ordered. I tried to outbid the person who ordered, but they weren't having any of that. 2 days later the manager called and told me the guy who had the Black BL ordered thought he ordered a Bronco Bronco, not a Bronco Sport. Asked me if I wanted it. So I dropped what I was doing and got there in 30 mins to close the deal.

I am missing the BL package, which the only issue is no hitch. Waiting to see the hitch package to become available, then I'll go get it added on.