JackBouman

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Hello from Southwest Kansas! I am a new member and proud new owner of an Area 51 First Edition. I really like this vehicle! I did not order this Bronco and I didn’t have one reserved. I am just a Ford guy and I have been excited to see the return of the Bronco, and the new Bronco Sport.

After spending hours on B&P, I wanted to finally see one in person. A dealership near me showed that they had at least 2 on their lot. Well I arrive at the dealership and barely get a chance to look at the first one I saw (a Rapid Red Big Bend) and there was the salesman. We talk and look the car over, then he asks if I am interested in test driving one. I said sure and he then says okay then you need to come see this First Edition we have in the back. The guy backed out so now it’s up for grabs. I thought wow that would be pretty cool to check out a First Edition! Long story short, I drove it, I liked it, I and bought it!

You have to see this color in person to really appreciate it! Depending on the lighting, it can be blue, gray, greenish, or any mixture of the three. IMO the navy pier looks pretty cool and although I didn’t test drive a BS with the 1.5, I wouldn’t want anything less than the 2.0. It had a lot of power for a small vehicle. After a 500 mile road trip, I can report that I am very impressed! I averaged 25 mpg at 75 mph. I enjoyed using the lane keep assist feature. Adaptive cruise would be cool but I don’t think its a big deal not having it. The ride is very comfortable, and the inside feels very spacious. The rear seats are surprisingly very comfortable. It does look cramped back there but it makes for a nice ride. I am 6’2” and had no complaints with the front or rear seat. Of all the vehicles I have owned or driven, this probably has the most head room.

I have not really had a chance to take it off road. I did do a little drive down a 2 track road just after a light snow and it was no problem. The road was dirt with some rocks. The ride was not bumpy at all, the suspension is great! The different terrain modes are pretty cool. The way the vehicle performs when in different modes is pretty noticeable. The throttle response and shift points vary greatly depending on mode selection. Rock Crawl seems like it is in a low low gear. Sport is an interesting one and the artificial v8 sound is cool, kinda adds to the driving experience. Normal and Eco seem pretty similar. It doesn’t matter what mode I put it in, they are all good and the vehicle itself just gives me a feeling of adventure. I want to take it to the mountains and drive up some winding roads or head out in the country on a dirt road watching the dust kick up in the mirror! The Bronco Sport is an awesome vehicle which I think will prove to be pretty capable off road as well.

I will do my best to answer any questions. Get out and see one in person if you can is my best advice. I still haven’t seen one on the road, but I have seen a few on dealership lots.
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 104A4B49-42E3-4814-888B-F8DF77F1F15E
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 9A74B9B4-98EE-4722-B04C-29B8B80EFCAE
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition FB7A54FC-3186-49BA-8916-C05D0DFCFDC7
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 094369BC-D95D-40AD-BE84-4FE2CE21E7E4
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 0C8F82F9-1D9E-4EA9-9242-524B60BD476E
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 20064401-983A-4F54-8389-3F7EC82E7CD9
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 82CE9D28-3B4C-488F-877F-355CD0A92F3E
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 7ED4AAD1-572F-4A1B-B807-6BFE92C2D833
did your FE come with the roof rail crossbar? It says it’s included on the first edition - but I don’t see it on any of your pics.

Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 31288931-B5ED-4963-A4D8-25833397A6F4
Sponsored

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
did your FE come with the roof rail crossbar? It says it’s included on the first edition - but I don’t see it on any of your pics.

Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 31288931-B5ED-4963-A4D8-25833397A6F4
I picked up my Area 51 FE last Wednesday and it has the Cross Rails. The window sticker had it listed as a Dealer Installed Option but the website clearly shows it as included on the FE and optional on the Badlands. I called Ford marketing and they agreed with me but said I would have to work it out with the dealership. I had to literally build and price it in front of them on my laptop using the X plan site and show them that it is a zero charge and included on the First Edition before they found a way to “match” the X plan sale price. Also, make sure you remind them you have a $100 reservation that needs to be deducted from the final sale price.

Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition D2B3E19D-88EC-4402-94FD-F3BB9D8F996C

OP
OP
Chase65

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ

No mine did not come with crossbars. Not sure why.

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I picked up my Area 51 FE last Wednesday and it has the Cross Rails. The window sticker had it listed as a Dealer Installed Option but the website clearly shows it as included on the FE and optional on the Badlands. I called Ford marketing and they agreed with me but said I would have to work it out with the dealership. I had to literally build and price it in front of them on my laptop using the X plan site and show them that it is a zero charge and included on the First Edition before they found a way to “match” the X plan sale price. Also, make sure you remind them you have a $100 reservation that needs to be deducted from the final sale price.

Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition D2B3E19D-88EC-4402-94FD-F3BB9D8F996C
Nice photo, A51 looks soo good! Also, very good reminder about deducting the $100 reservation, I had totally forgotten that after half a year.

23BigBend

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hello from Southwest Kansas! I am a new member and proud new owner of an Area 51 First Edition. I really like this vehicle! I did not order this Bronco and I didn’t have one reserved. I am just a Ford guy and I have been excited to see the return of the Bronco, and the new Bronco Sport.

After spending hours on B&P, I wanted to finally see one in person. A dealership near me showed that they had at least 2 on their lot. Well I arrive at the dealership and barely get a chance to look at the first one I saw (a Rapid Red Big Bend) and there was the salesman. We talk and look the car over, then he asks if I am interested in test driving one. I said sure and he then says okay then you need to come see this First Edition we have in the back. The guy backed out so now it’s up for grabs. I thought wow that would be pretty cool to check out a First Edition! Long story short, I drove it, I liked it, I and bought it!

You have to see this color in person to really appreciate it! Depending on the lighting, it can be blue, gray, greenish, or any mixture of the three. IMO the navy pier looks pretty cool and although I didn’t test drive a BS with the 1.5, I wouldn’t want anything less than the 2.0. It had a lot of power for a small vehicle. After a 500 mile road trip, I can report that I am very impressed! I averaged 25 mpg at 75 mph. I enjoyed using the lane keep assist feature. Adaptive cruise would be cool but I don’t think its a big deal not having it. The ride is very comfortable, and the inside feels very spacious. The rear seats are surprisingly very comfortable. It does look cramped back there but it makes for a nice ride. I am 6’2” and had no complaints with the front or rear seat. Of all the vehicles I have owned or driven, this probably has the most head room.

I have not really had a chance to take it off road. I did do a little drive down a 2 track road just after a light snow and it was no problem. The road was dirt with some rocks. The ride was not bumpy at all, the suspension is great! The different terrain modes are pretty cool. The way the vehicle performs when in different modes is pretty noticeable. The throttle response and shift points vary greatly depending on mode selection. Rock Crawl seems like it is in a low low gear. Sport is an interesting one and the artificial v8 sound is cool, kinda adds to the driving experience. Normal and Eco seem pretty similar. It doesn’t matter what mode I put it in, they are all good and the vehicle itself just gives me a feeling of adventure. I want to take it to the mountains and drive up some winding roads or head out in the country on a dirt road watching the dust kick up in the mirror! The Bronco Sport is an awesome vehicle which I think will prove to be pretty capable off road as well.

I will do my best to answer any questions. Get out and see one in person if you can is my best advice. I still haven’t seen one on the road, but I have seen a few on dealership lots.
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 104A4B49-42E3-4814-888B-F8DF77F1F15E
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 9A74B9B4-98EE-4722-B04C-29B8B80EFCAE
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition FB7A54FC-3186-49BA-8916-C05D0DFCFDC7
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 094369BC-D95D-40AD-BE84-4FE2CE21E7E4
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 0C8F82F9-1D9E-4EA9-9242-524B60BD476E
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 20064401-983A-4F54-8389-3F7EC82E7CD9
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 82CE9D28-3B4C-488F-877F-355CD0A92F3E
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 7ED4AAD1-572F-4A1B-B807-6BFE92C2D833
She’s a beaut! I’m averaging the same MPG (25) which, like you said, is pretty darn good for a 2.0 L. I haven’t had mine for long either, but just recently took her out on some of the backroads. The ride was great!

westcoaster818

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Nice looking Bronco, its a collectors item.
Sponsored