BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
What do you mean?... I hope the Bronco Sport rookie teams beat the Touareg today.
They increased their points total day over by a lot. See day to day. And other teams seemed to drop point average.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
They increased their points total day over by a lot. See day to day. And other teams seemed to drop point average.
You're right they did, but they're still trailing though.

The two army gals are right behind the leader of the pack in the PHEV.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Donā€™t know if anyone else is following along... team 201 had some sort of malfunction 2 days ago... but stepped up huge yesterday and today. And thereā€™s an outside chance team 202 steps up but itā€™ll be tough. Either way super respectable considering the other teams are legit off road drivers in cross class.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Donā€™t know if anyone else is following along... team 201 had some sort of malfunction 2 days ago... but stepped up huge yesterday and today. And thereā€™s an outside chance team 202 steps up but itā€™ll be tough. Either way super respectable considering the other teams are legit off road drivers in cross class.
Ford Bronco Sport Three Bronco Sports will compete in Rebelle Rally, the off-road navigation rally raid race 1A3D05EF-549D-49EC-BE69-A948D999BAE0

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Congratulations to Penny and Shelby! They done us proud.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Agreed. Watched the interview at the finish line with them just now. Unofficial but looks like they locked it up.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Posted an update on 6g side. I know thereā€™s gonna be haters, but this is a win for the whole brand. Itā€™s a win for me at the very least.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Posted an update on 6g side. I know thereā€™s gonna be haters, but this is a win for the whole brand. Itā€™s a win for me at the very least.
I think your post over on 6G was great. Thanks for doing that. I was encouraged that no one on that forum was hating on the BS

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I believe this rally is more about the driver than the vehicle. The results show all the rookies at the bottom of the score board. Whatā€™s important is that the bronco sport didnā€™t prove to be a boxy current gen escape, it proved as capable as any in this competition. The truth is that you donā€™t need 37s or a 14in ground clearance to go off-road. Yes those are much better for technical off-roading. The sport isnā€™t even geared to technical off roaders. Itā€™s targeted to people that want to get to other outdoor activities. Not necessarily to take the most technical route to get there, but to be able to confidently go further than other daily drivers.

For example, if I saw a smart car out in any off-road rally racking up points along side wranglers and other 4x4, I would be impressed and less inclined to hate on its capability. But the bronco sport will continue to get hate because itā€™s cool to view it as the not capable, uninteresting, fake member of the bronco family.
I believe there were a few obstacles that are kind of technical. In that sense, the car may have helped them rack up more points as the checkpoints are timed.

I'm more interested in the one car that had issues and want to know what actually happened. How they were able to mitigate it and continue on?

Its easy to get wrapped up in pissing contests of who has the bigger... car. I'm just happy it is impressive for a unibody car, has more than enough capability for my grocery getter and weekend camper. I just wish it to be mostly reliable enough for daily commutes.
Sponsored