Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
- Liftgate activation from drivers position (No) - Listed as "manual liftgate" - hard to say - my 2010 Escape can do it from the outside key pad - and BS has outside keypad. But not sure if there's a button or lever from driver's area: I hope so: the all-electric liftgate actuator failed on my 2010 Escape. So I hope there is some backup system. I hope "MANUAL liftgate" means that it has a lever OR a button inside somwhere. I also don't see a button or a switch beside where the rear view camera is, but perhaps it's hard to see. My 2010 Escape can open the glass with remote key fob. Hope they retained that function
Probably in the minority, but I would prefer NOT having a motorized liftgate. Our Odyssey has one, and I hate waiting for it. In the rain, especially, I prefer to open the liftgate, put the stuff in and go, minimizing exposure. Besides, the Sport is offroad/outdoor/adventure/utility oriented. Powered liftgates are for the jellybean grocery getters (i.e. the vehicles that the original compact SUVs morphed into).
Sponsored

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Probably in the minority, but I would prefer NOT having a motorized liftgate. Our Odyssey has one, and I hate waiting for it. In the rain, especially, I prefer to open the liftgate, put the stuff in and go, minimizing exposure. Besides, the Sport is offroad/outdoor/adventure/utility oriented. Powered liftgates are for the jellybean grocery getters (i.e. the vehicles that the original compact SUVs morphed into).
I have a power liftgate on my Edge that I like, but don't love.

Having the option to just open the glass in the back helps, but it is also nice to have an option to open it via the key (or foot) every once in a while.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado

Having the option to just open the glass in the back helps, but it is also nice to have an option to open it via the key (or foot) every once in a while.
And I certainly understand that. For me, it is unwanted weight and complexity. Which is why I hope Ford keeps true to their word and keeps the Bronco Sport rugged (and hopefully simple). There are any number of compact crossovers that offer the keyfob or foot-kick thing, including the Escape.

I do like the coded keypad entry system to unlock the doors. That would be one less thing to check after parking and unloading in the backwoods when trailering the dirtbike.

Always double-checking for keys in pocket with gloved hands not fun routine.

I find that a nice counterweighted liftgate opens much easier than a motorized one does manually. And like I said, they are slow and beep annoyingly.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring

I'd prefer to have a manual (cable pull like in the old days)/key insert option for EVERY electrically operated thing, really. My 2005 BMW has that. If the electric button fails, I can still insert the key and turn and the trunk opens. Neither the 2010 Escape nor wife's 2014 Mazda6 have that option. If the fuse blows or the wiring gets ruined or button actuator fails, you're screwed.
Sponsored