Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
I ordered a Bronco Sport Feb 9th and started visiting this forum about that same time. I obtained x-plan pricing participation by joining Mustang Club after reading about on this forum.

X-plan pricing for a fully loaded Badlands will save me approximately $1300 off MSRP. Once you have access to X-plan you can use the x-plan build and price which is the same as the standard build and price except that the base price for each trim is less as well as the packages and options. So you can do two separate builds and compare the total prices. Also with x-plan dealer handling is capped at $100 so you can realize additional savings if your dealer adds on dealer handling which is typically $500 to $700. So in my case I will save $1300 + $499 ($599-$100)= $1799. Current finance incentives include $500 bonus cash which helps things a bit as well. Under normal circumstances I would expect to do much better but hard as I tried in my neck of the woods this was the best I could come up with.

As my current May 24 build week approaches I would like to know if anyone has had trouble using their x-plan status.

Thanks
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I ordered a Bronco Sport Feb 9th and started visiting this forum about that same time. I obtained x-plan pricing participation by joining Mustang Club after reading about on this forum.

X-plan pricing for a fully loaded Badlands will save me approximately $1300 off MSRP. Once you have access to X-plan you can use the x-plan build and price which is the same as the standard build and price except that the base price for each trim is less as well as the packages and options. So you can do two separate builds and compare the total prices. Also with x-plan dealer handling is capped at $100 so you can realize additional savings if your dealer adds on dealer handling which is typically $500 to $700. So in my case I will save $1300 + $499 ($599-$100)= $1799. Current finance incentives include $500 bonus cash which helps things a bit as well. Under normal circumstances I would expect to do much better but hard as I tried in my neck of the woods this was the best I could come up with.

As my current May 24 build week approaches I would like to know if anyone has had trouble using their x-plan status.

Thanks
I got mine without x-plan ( I do all the research before buying. I needed a car delivered in 2 days and decided the best vehicle for me was the BS BB sitting on a local lot )
I have heard that to use x-plan thru the mustang group you need to be a member for 90+ Days . If you are eligible and the vehicle is eligible you should not have problems .

If you can’t get the x-plan thru the mustang group try joining the EAA

OP
OP

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
I got mine without x-plan ( I do all the research before buying. I needed a car delivered in 2 days and decided the best vehicle for me was the BS BB sitting on a local lot )
I have heard that to use x-plan thru the mustang group you need to be a member for 90+ Days . If you are eligible and the vehicle is eligible you should not have problems .

If you can’t get the x-plan thru the mustang group try joining the EAA
Thanks - I did join MCA just before ordering so the 90 days will be well under my delivery time. Heck with the way things are turning out 120 days would have been a safe bet.

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Thanks - I did join MCA just before ordering so the 90 days will be well under my delivery time. Heck with the way things are turning out 120 days would have been a safe bet.
Hey!
I should be picking up our BL+BL this week sometime (hopefully!) and plan to use X-Plan. I will update you with the outcome. Also, in addition to the 90 day requirement it was stated that the Associate Membership is no longer eligible for X-Plan and that your membership needs to be Digital or Standard. If you aren’t either of those you should be able to upgrade and keep your activated membership date the same. Check out this thread if you need more info:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/x-plan-changes-for-mustang-club-of-america-members.2044/

OP
OP

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Hey!
I should be picking up our BL+BL this week sometime (hopefully!) and plan to use X-Plan. I will update you with the outcome. Also, in addition to the 90 day requirement it was stated that the Associate Membership is no longer eligible for X-Plan and that your membership needs to be Digital or Standard. If you aren’t either of those you should be able to upgrade and keep your activated membership date the same. Check out this thread if you need more info:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/x-plan-changes-for-mustang-club-of-america-members.2044/
Thanks - Very good point! I did pay an additional $10 to update my membership status when this news broke.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
additional tidbit, if you know anyone who is a Ford employee they can give you an X plan as well. It's for friends and family with the same benefits. My old roommate from college works for Ford and hooked me up. It's a nice discount.

Jeff W.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I used x-plan which I get from my employee discount program where I work. I didn't have any problem with dealers saying they'd accept it but they did try to manipulate it by entering incorrect zip codes (which eliminated the $500 rebate). I had to get them to enter the x-plan information with me watching to get them to do it correctly.

alltrac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf Alltrack, VW GTI
I successfully used X-plan on the BL + BL I picked up last week, ordered in late Dec/early Jan. I picked up an MCA membership in mid-Dec and the dealer didn't initially ask how I qualified. Overall, it worked pretty well with some exceptions:

1. My sales person got fired 2 weeks before delivery so it was an open question on whether they were going to jerk me around.
2. The finance guy was incensed to learn that I signed up for an MCA membership solely for the discount, and his demeanor took a dive after learning that.
3. I think they low-balled on trade-in just slightly knowing they couldn't make as much elsewhere.
4. I had to keep reminding them that I had X-plan because they kept saying things like "Well, we did this because of your special pricing...".

Glad I did it, and it wasn't a huge hassle beyond just being on guard for the dealer trying to squeeze profit from another component on the deal.

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
I also used x-plan with no issue. I get x-plan through my work. I picked my Bronco up on Thursday then got a call today that they needed proof that I worked for my company as apparently a bunch of people are incorrectly using x-plan codes. Sent them a pic of my business card and all was good.

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I tried to use X-plan pricing for my purchase and my dealer just straight up said no. At first they tried to blame X-plan by telling me the Bronco Sport doesn't qualify. Then they tried to blame Ford. I eventually got them to just admit that they just didn't wanna honor the pricing(which dealerships reserve the right to do).
The total savings I had anticipated was about $900.

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I tried to use X-plan pricing for my purchase and my dealer just straight up said no. At first they tried to blame X-plan by telling me the Bronco Sport doesn't qualify. Then they tried to blame Ford. I eventually got them to just admit that they just didn't wanna honor the pricing(which dealerships reserve the right to do).
The total savings I had anticipated was about $900.
I've run into that a couple of times, I think all FORD dealerships should be required to honor it. The one I ordered from said "no, it's not eligible so I sent him a screenshot showing that it's eligible. He then said bring in your "x" plan paperwork when you pickup your BS. I'm holding him to it and kept his email for documentation. I've had at least 2 other dealerships tell me no. One local & one out of state.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I used the X Plan when I purchased my BB in January. The dealer was 3 hours from my house and I had no issues at all. Saved a good deal of money on dealer fees that were capped at $100 under the X Plan.

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Hey!

Hi!

So I did use X-Plan pricing when we picked up our BL+BL yesterday and it worked like a charm. I did not get the additional $500 rebate, but the dealer did not charge any D&H Fees (even though it’s capped at $100 with X Plan) and they did not charge for the $275 Administrative Fee as stated in the X Plan paperwork. Overall, I feel good about the purchase!

Just wanted to update since I said I would :)

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
If you are a Veteran and a member of the DAV, you can use the X-Plan. That is what I did.

Saved $1121.00 on a OB/OB,360+,Tow (Not including any other items like military discount or incentives).
Sponsored