Wipers stuck in raised position. Reset back to default position?

Zachman

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So I live in Buffalo and we got a huge snow storm, and the wipers aren't going to there fully stored position, there stuck like a quarter of the way up. Is there away to reset them of get them to return to the normal position?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So I live in Buffalo and we got a huge snow storm, and the wipers aren't going to there fully stored position, there stuck like a quarter of the way up. Is there away to reset them of get them to return to the normal position?
Hi there! Will you send over your VIN and dealership information? I can take a look at things on my end.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
make sure to clean the ice out of the cowls. We had an ice storm out here a couple weeks back and with the frozen snow/ice chunks falling into the cowl, they were blocking the wipers from going completely down.

Pop the hood, clean out the ice from below the arm and hinge area, and was back to proper operation again.

TMaze

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I live in Massachusetts and had the same problem. Can you post the answer if you find it?

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
make sure to clean the ice out of the cowls. We had an ice storm out here a couple weeks back and with the frozen snow/ice chunks falling into the cowl, they were blocking the wipers from going completely down.

Pop the hood, clean out the ice from below the arm and hinge area, and was back to proper operation again.
Dealing with the elements!

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i think that cowl panel holds alot of snow. try to keep it as clear as possible. thats probably impeding the wipers from returning to full position

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If you pop hood with wipers up won:t wiper arms hit hood scrape paint off hood? No?

OP
OP

Zachman

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I live in Massachusetts and had the same problem. Can you post the answer if you find it?
They reset them self. We cleaned the snow a stuff out from them then ran the wippers. shut the car off of a while we went back out and started it again and the went down and returned to the normal position

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
i think that cowl panel holds alot of snow. try to keep it as clear as possible. thats probably impeding the wipers from returning to full position
I found the cure for that.
I stuff a 4ā€™ pool noodle from Wally World, $2.99 In that big canyon and a second one offset on top.
Then on goes my Frost Guard. In the am I yank the whole mess off, shake of the snow, roll the whole mess up, wrapped with a $1.99 bungee from,,,, yep Wally World ! I throw it it the back or In my Escape right next to it..
Easy as pie.
Clean windshield, Empty wiper Grand Canyon, Frost guard comes with mirror bags.
No need for pictures, just Google, ā€˜Frost Guardā€™ they got videoā€™s.
NOTE !! I got the regular size, it leaves 3 inches of exposed windshield on each side, the Next size up, the XL I had for my Ford Transit Connect. It was way too big for my Baby Bronc..
I gave it to a buddy with a Nissan Titan pickup,,,,

Last edited:

Ramseyi

Badlands
First Name
Ramsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
So I live in Buffalo and we got a huge snow storm, and the wipers aren't going to there fully stored position, there stuck like a quarter of the way up. Is there away to reset them of get them to return to the normal position?I would just press the engine start button without pressing gas, it should go back to its original postiion.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
I found the cure for that.
I stuff a 4ā€™ pool noodle from Wally World, $2.99 In that big canyon and a second one offset on top.
Then on goes my Frost Guard. In the am I yank the whole mess off, shake of the snow, roll the whole mess up, wrapped with a $1.99 bungee from,,,, yep Wally World ! I throw it it the back or In my Escape right next to it..
Easy as pie.
Clean windshield, Empty wiper Grand Canyon, Frost guard comes with mirror bags.
No need for pictures, just Google, ā€˜Frost Guardā€™ they got videoā€™s.
NOTE !! I got the regular size, it leaves 3 inches of exposed windshield on each side, the Next size up, the XL I had for my Ford Transit Connect. It was way too big for my Baby Bronc..
I gave it to a buddy with a Nissan Titan pickup,,,,
sweet, i just googled the frost guard and thats a pretty slick setup! good idea!
im spoiled in the fact i have a carport, so snow doesnt really get in there overnight. but now i kinda want to get one to have when out and about - we got cranked again with snow all day and night.
also have a pool noodle for the sport. we put it between the liftgate and the roof of the carport so it doesnt scratch anything. simple is best ??

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you pop hood with wipers up won:t wiper arms hit hood scrape paint off hood? No?
By "UP" I'm sure they mean part way through their cycle -- no the hood won't contact them if they're resting on the windshield.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Drivers should find also when frozen in their storage position and you try to operate, nothing happens. Thankfully they seem to be protected against this -- upon freeing them you get normal movement/operation.
Sponsored