SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I can't find ANY decent pictures or a name for this. It's on the Ford pass app as a dealer option. It looks like an updated Load Warrior. I want a basket that will cover more of the back of the BS. Maybe even start where the moonroof ends so I can still use it. Anyone have pictures taken of it on their BS? Especially profile ones?

Ford Bronco Sport Who's got this Yakima cargo basket? Help Screenshot_20210614-155032_Chrome
Sponsored

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I have the Yakima MegaWarrior. Fits exactly as you describe, just at the moonroof to just before the hatch.

I bought mine through my dealerā€˜s parts dept. even though not on Fordā€˜s website, they could still order it. And cheaper than REI or Yakima direct.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I have the Yakima MegaWarrior. Fits exactly as you describe, just at the moonroof to just before the hatch.

I bought mine through my dealerā€˜s parts dept. even though not on Fordā€˜s website, they could still order it. And cheaper than REI or Yakima direct.
Part of the reason I went with this rather than one of the platform alternatives (Yakima, Ford, FrontRunner) is that the Badlands has a moonroof which reduces the dynamic weight to just 100 pounds. The Yakima crossbars plus megawarrior was lighter than the platforms.

With only 800+ pounds of payload for the BS/BL, I am realizing you have to pay attention to weight pretty carefully - thinking in terms of ounces - because stuff adds up pretty quickly. Probably not an issue on occasion but over the life of the vehicle, it impacts joints and trannies. (I suppose that is just like life!)
Sponsored