spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered a Badlands last month (with all the things) after selling my convertible. I'm okay with waiting a few months, but more worried they will start eliminating certain features on new models like they are now doing with the nav system on the Big Bronco. My local dealer said they are also going to remove the heated steeering wheel and seats on the big Bronco.

I really want these features for the BS, as my last car was missing some of these "essential" options. I know it's hard to predict what whey will do with the ongoing chip saga, but it's making me nervous. I really don't want to wait more than 4-5 months either, but it seems like the average is running around 4 from what I've read. I'm okay with that as long as it has everything I want when I finally get it. I'm also okay with taking it without everything as long as those features can be retrofitted later. GM says they will retrofit them, but I haven't seen anything from Ford.

My local dealership is getting a Badlands (in transit) exactly like the one I ordered last month (even the same color), but it's $4K more than my order. I have to say I' tempted. I'm trying to keep from making a mistake, but I'm not sure what the bigger mistake is - losing out on features and waiting 4 (or more) months to get what I want (maybe) versus spending $4k more for the exact same car.

I don't think it's the best decision to spend an extra $4K to get what I want with less wait, so I could use encouragement from those of you who ordered and felt it was worth the wait. I called Ford to ask about my worries of key features being removed and FWIW, the representative said they wouldn't have accepted the order if they weren't able to fulfill it with the options I selected. Not sure how much value to place in that reassurance. I think I will feel better when I get a build date, but who knows when that will be.
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered a Badlands last month (with all the things) after selling my convertible. I'm okay with waiting a few months, but more worried they will start eliminating certain features on new models like they are now doing with the nav system on the Big Bronco. My local dealer said they are also going to remove the heated steeering wheel and seats on the big Bronco.

I really want these features for the BS, as my last car was missing some of these "essential" options. I know it's hard to predict what whey will do with the ongoing chip saga, but it's making me nervous. I really don't want to wait more than 4-5 months either, but it seems like the average is running around 4 from what I've read. I'm okay with that as long as it has everything I want when I finally get it. I'm also okay with taking it without everything as long as those features can be retrofitted later. GM says they will retrofit them, but I haven't seen anything from Ford.

My local dealership is getting a Badlands (in transit) exactly like the one I ordered last month (even the same color), but it's $4K more than my order. I have to say I' tempted. I'm trying to keep from making a mistake, but I'm not sure what the bigger mistake is - losing out on features and waiting 4 (or more) months to get what I want (maybe) versus spending $4k more for the exact same car.

I don't think it's the best decision to spend an extra $4K to get what I want with less wait, so I could use encouragement from those of you who ordered and felt it was worth the wait. I called Ford to ask about my worries of key features being removed and FWIW, the representative said they wouldn't have accepted the order if they weren't able to fulfill it with the options I selected. Not sure how much value to place in that reassurance. I think I will feel better when I get a build date, but who knows when that will be.
Stay strong, my friend. That's quite a few more payments, and if you're like me, you work hard for your money. I know it's temping to have the latest and greatest offered in front of you on a silver platter, but you waiting on your order is a much more frugal decision on your part. If you aren't in immediate need of a new vehicle, stay patient and look at cool accessories and upgrades to keep busy. You're getting exactly what you want, but for 4 grand less than the individual who comes along and buys the twin. That's a win, even if it means a bit more waiting.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're not ok with just handing the dealer $4k then wait. You get no material value for that money.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I just texted my sales guy FWIW. He said he hasn’t heard anything other than an official denial that nav is being removed from the big Bronco. He did say that if they were to do any decontenting they would have to let any ’scheduled’ order holders know. Now what does ‘scheduled’ mean? That I didn’t get clarity on, as in if you’ve placed the order but don’t have a build date yet, are you still considered ‘scheduled’? Still, it sounds relatively positive and certain, at least in uncertain times, to place an order.

tlg_3

Outer Banks
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered ‘22 OBX
Have you tried negotiating the price of the incoming BS to the same you paid for yours?

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Have you tried negotiating the price of the incoming BS to the same you paid for yours?
I asked my sales dude if it was negotiable and he said they may be willing to come down $1K, but highly unlikely. He said would ask, but he hasn't gotten back with me yet.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked my sales dude if it was negotiable and he said they may be willing to come down $1K, but highly unlikely. He said would ask, but he hasn't gotten back with me yet.
I'd guess no since the turn rate for BS is fairly short.

tlg_3

Outer Banks
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered ‘22 OBX
Might be worth a shot to haggle with him
my experience is sales folks suddenly find a lot of flexibility when I tell them I’m ready to buy right now. A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

Offer 1800 over no more , they will take it , if they don’t someone else will .
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting for what I want versus spending too much 8225B3BF-F791-468E-A1A9-E66F70603FED

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Tell them you are ready to buy right now. Tell them they can always get their “market adjustment” when they sell the one you ordered. Tell them you are a reasonable person and realize the dealership needs to make a little on the sell and offer to go $500 or $1000 over sticker (or whatever you would be willing to part with to get it now) and see what they say. Like mentioned previously, it is in their DNA to close a deal in + range, whatever it may be.

Personally I wouldn’t do $4k and I would have to REALLY want it now to do $1k over. Bad thing is it would be a dealer order and you wouldn’t be getting the $1000 bonus cash for a custom order. So unless you have already calculated that in, it’s actually $5k over what you ordered and sticker price is already $1k more.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was in the exact same situation with mine last December. Order was for a 22 BB with all the extras and found in a dealership the same car but the 21 instead. Bought it after discussing price for a couple of days (they wanted $2,500 over MSRP and ended up buying it for $500 over). Starting to realize how lucky I was...

In your case both cars are 22 BL I guess, no features should be affected.

If that $4,000 extra is price adjustments over time I would wait for the order. If it is over MSRP I would try to bring it down to $1,000 max. Remember them that they can keep your order and probably make more profit over time.
You decide how much is worth to pay extra for not waiting 4-7 months. 10% sounds crazy to me.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Might be worth a shot to haggle with him
my experience is sales folks suddenly find a lot of flexibility when I tell them I’m ready to buy right now. A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

They do have flexibility. 20 minutes after making a deal by phone sales guy called me, saying that some dude just showed up and offer him 2k more, but they would lock it if I'm willing to pay the same... Told him to sell it to the random dude and called 5 minutes after saying that it was a mistake and I could have for the original deal....
Really wanted that car and it was good deal, so I got it. But I don't think that's a good way to treat customers.

NDB2Guy

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BII, 89 BII, 89 Ranger, 14 F150, 22 BSport
I'd wait. I think everyone is losing their minds whenever there is a mention about somebody dropping a feature. There is no way that Ford is going to drop heated wheel or heated seats. Now, what I see them doing is delivering heated seat/heated wheel capable vehicles without the modules installed until they have them. Those modules aren't INSIDE the seats or wheel where they would have to rip them apart to install so that's doable. I think the only deal with Navigation is that you aren't going to pull out and apart the head unit to do it, they'd lose way too much money retrofitting. Plus, if I'm a car manufacturer is Navigation I really a space I want to be into anymore when everyone has a phone that does so much more? If the ROI isn't there, I'd just leave it out and focus on wireless phone connectivity.

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I just offered him $41K (order was for $40,500), so with the loss of the 1,000 rebate I'm paying $1,500 more than originally intended. His manager said no. I said that's the best I can do. He said he'll try to keep asking. We shall see...

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I just offered him $41K (order was for $40,500), so with the loss of the 1,000 rebate I'm paying $1,500 more than originally intended. His manager said no. I said that's the best I can do. He said he'll try to keep asking. We shall see...
Stick to your guns. He’ll have to call you when your order comes in and also honor the rebate for a special order. Ford received my order on December 5. It came off the transport on April 6 and has been in my driveway since then. Definitely worth the wait and why should you pay more for what you already have on order?
Sponsored